1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How will I edit 3 VOB files and then join them in2 one big VOB?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by kolakube, Mar 6, 2007.

1. kolakube

kolakube Member

Hi there.

1 - I Have three VOB files I have ripped to my hard drive.
    2 - I need to edit the start and end points by cutting bits off them
    3 - Then I need to join the edited files together so the flow perfectly into one huuge VOB file
    4 - Most importantly I do not want to experience any lose of quality to the VOBs at all if possible.

I want to keep the end results as a VOB file and dont want it encoded or anything.

Firstly, is the above possible?
    If so what software will I need to do this? Don't mind buying something if I need too.

Any help appreciated, Many Thanks, Kola

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  2. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

I would use VideoRedo Plus. Frame accurate editing, it won't re-encode the video and you can join multiple files together into one file.

30 day free trial: http://www.videoredo.com/

3. kolakube

kolakube Member

Hi There Moonrocks.

I have downloaded the demo but it not exactly easy to use.

Isnt there an application that will show VOBs in a sort of time line as oposed to a load of lines of code that means nothing to me? I mean, how am I going to know what or even how to edit?

I just simple want to trim a bit off and join the end results together without loss of quality

4. sdsunjay

sdsunjay Guest

I would suggest dvd shrink. Dependind on if ur vobs are movies or not dvd shrink may or may not reconize them, a sure bet would be Nero.

5. kolakube

kolakube Member

Can DVD shrik join VOBs?

Didnt know that. How do I do this?

Thanks, Kola

6. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

There are software packages like Adobe Premiere Elements, Ulead etc. that will edit video that you might like better. But really, if all you are trying to do is just trim a few VOB files (or mpegs) and put them together I can't imagine anything simpler than VideoRedo.

I'm not sure what you mean by "as oposed to a load of lines of code that means nothing to me?"

With VideoRedo you open your VOB file and there it is, you can see everything. Use the slider to move through the video. You can pick start and stop points, just where you want to cut, then save it.

After you've edited each VOB file then you can add them to your Joiner list and VideoRedo will join them together. Editing and joining 3 VOB files should take less than 5 minutes with VideoRedo.

7. kolakube

kolakube Member

Ill have another look at redo fella but i opened a VOD and it just diplayed as a list from top to bottom. There was no preview.

8. kolakube

kolakube Member

Sorry Moonrocks I have downloaded that many programs it wasnt even videoredo id demod. Giving it a propper look now. At first glance it apears to be everything I need

9. aeloa

aeloa Member

DVD shrink

On the top tabs where you see "full DVD" just click on re-author.
    add the vobs you want to combine. click on the individual files and you can preview and set start and end frame of each vob. That's about the extent of the editing capabilities of DVD shrink.

10. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Another way to join them using freeware can be found here.