1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how will i get round this?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by inkleach, Feb 19, 2008.

1. inkleach

inkleach Guest

just built myself a new pc an my unc install windows vista ultimate on it,he said i had 30 days to see if i liked it or not then it would expire..but after i've just switched it back on it says its expired!
    now im stuck at this screen everytime i start up,i wish i had just installed XP cos at least i have the key for that.
    Is there anyway to format my harddrive from startup?..or even a way to install XP..i cant get anywhere apart from the stupid 'activation key' screen.
    Thanks alot

2. ryama

ryama Member

Well if you want to format your computer you can just use the Windows XP install disk and format and then install Windows XP to get rid of that..... Is that what you were asking?

3. i_am_alex

i_am_alex Regular member

Insert XP disc. Delete existing partition. Create new + install

4. seb32

seb32 Regular member

You'd need an XP install disc. Like i_am_alex said, you can just put the CD in the drive, then start the computer. This should boot from the disc, and you can follow the instructions to install XP. During this installation process, you can choose to delete the existing partition, and install XP on a new partition, which is what I would recommend unless you have files you want to keep.

5. totty68

totty68 Regular member

Keep Ur Unc Away From Ur Pc

6. i_am_alex

i_am_alex Regular member

Oh, and wanna know something cool? Your computer is actually 80% functional while @ that splash screen. From memory, you go order over net or something. Now you can use the net. Go into tools or something, and find your way to a dialog where you're meant to open a file, but you browse all files. Find WMP or something, right click, open/run. Not as good, but alright. Shutsdown after 1 hour though.