1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How you rip steaming music????

Discussion in 'Audio' started by GundamZZ, Jul 7, 2004.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

yes guys & or gals if applicable I only mentioned total recorder because thats what I am familiar with . And total recorder also has to be paid for the free version only does a small snippet of audio not worth the bother. There could be many ways to achieve the same ends . concievably the person desiring to record internet radio could export the audio to a recorder of some kind and then import it back throufgh the sound card . this coulld work but might also add some distortion. although one could also use an optical /toslink output and input and a digital deck of one sort or another and stay in the digital realm if one really wanted to do this in this way. I think it would be much easier to just do it all internally with total recorder or one of the other programs you gentlemen have described and be done with it but the option is on the person making the recordings isn,t it. thank you guys & gals I learn more each time I visit afterdawn.com & if I can help anyone out with my limited knowledge I feel honored to do so. Good Day & Burn Baby Burn- bigtoxy69

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

BIGTOXY69

I purchased Super MP3 pro because as you know when you're stream recording all the songs are lumped together into one large file (often referred to as an album wrap). This is ok if you don’t mind not being able to skip a song or two but if you want to extract one song for a compilation then you have to edit it out. Super MP3 Recorder Pro includes and editor that does that.

3. DJ_Kevin

DJ_Kevin Member

4. DJ_Kevin

DJ_Kevin Member

i can cut 1 hour of music in 5 min. not hard

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DJ_Kevin

I'm not sure what it is you're saying, you might want to be a little clear.

What I was saying is that if you have 10 songs recorded into one large single file as though it was one large song, MP3 recorder Pro's edting allows you to slice out each individual song.

6. DJ_Kevin

DJ_Kevin Member

hehe, that i mean is if you record from steaming music in the stereo mix way, then all the music is going in 2 one lagre file. but u can just cut the lagre file containing music urself with a wave editor

llame english again eeh?

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Nice to know Sophocles I beleive there is a way to do that with other programs also .Easy CD & dvd Creator 6 Platinum has a track splitting function in it's audiocentral sound editor section I,ve used it and it seems to work perfectly sometimes and less so at others . The easiest track splitting /editing program I ever used was in Easy CD creator 3.0 spindoctor it was adustable with in limits and worked nearly flawlessly I mis that program as it's windowa 95 & won,t work on my Xp box I've tried . Anyway As I said Earlier I always learn something when I come to afterdwn.com Thanks to nice persons such as yourself & others Bigtoxy569

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Dj_Kevin

I thought we were talking about the same thing but I wasn't sure.

@BIGTOXY69

Yes I've used other cutters a well but since I've paid for MP3 Recorder Pro I don't need any others.

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I may eventually check into MP3 recorder pro if the splitter is easy to use . But I just hate to buy another program after I have already paid for TOTAL RECORDER but I hear you there DJ kevin. You go with what you know so all I knew about these kinds of programs was total recorder so thats what I ended up with . A little knowledge is a dangerous thing isn't it kev' unfortunately I did'nt know about this fine forum of minds called Afterdawn.Com then either or perhaps I would have chosen a different program. Anyway thanks for your widom and insight Kevin - later my friend Bigtoxy6*

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

BIGTOXY69

If you're happy with what you have why change? a\All editors that I tried are a bit of a headache at first but when you've jumped the learning curve its not that big of deal

11. DJ_Kevin

DJ_Kevin Member