1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hows my first build ?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by dannym24, Jan 5, 2012.

1. dannym24

dannym24 Member

So I took the advice and put together this selection of components just like to know what you think and what limitations I may have or anything I could improve ....

Case - Nzxt beta evo £22.30

Motherboard - Asus m5a78l-m lx amd 760g £40.54

CPU - And athlon II x2 250 £49.30

Memory - Corsair memory 8gb vengeance £38.59

Hard-drive - Seagate 500gb baracuda 3.5" £64.00

Optical drive - Lg ch10ls20 blu-ray dvd-rw £49.76

PSU - Corsair 600w cx series v2 ( 80+ ) £59.91

Operating system - windows 7 I can pick up home edition for around £70

This brings me in at £394.40 , would this computer last any length of time ? This to me looks pretty good but then again Im a complete beginner at this and again open to suggestion on anything so if anybody can see anywhere that I could buy better for the money Im paying. Basically I dont game or anything like that , I use it for playing poker , watching movies and general browsing and use. Im upgrading because Im still using my PC from about 2005 lol

Cheers
    danny.

Cheers Danny.

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

That looks just fine but you could easily get away with a much less powerful PSU. Take a look at an Antec Eartwatts 380W or a Corsair 400CX. Use the money you save on the PSU and upgrade something else, like replace the Athlon II X2 dual core with a cheap Athlon II X4 quad core.

Trust me on the PSU. I'm running a fairly power hungry gaming rig that blows that one away and I'm using a 620W just fine and could probably get away with a 520W.