1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hows the NEC 3500A?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Stry-Ker, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

Read good things. Just want to make sure before i process my order! Is it good on reading dvds? I presently have a hp dvd writer 200j or something like that. I get crc errors more than i would like even on brand new dvds. I think that would be my largest concern with a new drive. It must read good, with little errors.

2. robert571

robert571 Member

Hi
    It works just fine with lastest flash update 2.18,nicc duel layer burns work on both my stand alones

3. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

I too am very happy with this drive. I alternate between it and my sony dru-530 for reading and writing and it does a great job of both.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I love my nec 3500. I haven't bothered to update the firmware from the 2.16 that it came with, because it works flawlessly as is. Burns my TY 8x +r disks at 16x, and has great compatability with all the media I've tried. As for your main concern, I've gotten quite a few pretty ratty dvds from netflix over the months, and it has always read them flawlessly. All in all, I'd say it'll serve you well.