1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 100i

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by viper058, Mar 10, 2002.

1. viper058

viper058 Guest

dRD,
    Thanks for all the awesome info!
    I purchased the HP 100i DVD burner and am using SmartRipper, IFOedit, and Stomp RecordNOW Max and it all works like a charm.

One thing to note, (and I'm hoping someone out there will respond) is that I can only seem to use HP DVD-RWs.

I have tried Imation & Memorex DVDR with no luck. Has anyone been able to use anything else on the HP DVD burner???

2. Lorre

Lorre Member

The only supported DVD media is DVD+RW and nothing else.

3. giorojasj

giorojasj Member

Hey I have same problem, Have you found any solution? I want to write DVD-R with my HP 100i because my DVD player is very old and it doesn't read DVD-RW.

Can I do something?

4. viper058

viper058 Guest

Did you mean to say that it doesn't support DVD+RW ??
    The only solution is to purchase a DVD-RW burner. Which is what I did. I now ALSO own the Pioneer DVR-104 in addition to my HP. Expensive learning experience. But, now I can burn DVD-Rs, which are much cheaper, but my quality control time has seriously increased, as well as my burn time. The HP burns in less than half the time it takes the Pioneer. But, DVD+RW media is still pricey. The cheapest I have seen is $4.50. You can now get DVD-Rs for $1.19 ea.

5. giorojasj

giorojasj Member

I understand now.. but my problem is my HP 100i doesn't suport DVD-R I mean I can't burn DVD-R I only can burn DVD-RW... So and DVD-R are cheaper than DVD-RW...are there any software that fix my problem? or is it a hardware problem?

6. viper058

viper058 Guest

Check the plus and minus here.
    The HP only supports DVD+R.
    This is different than DVD-R.
    You can only use DVD+R and DVD+RW.
    Not DVDminusR (DVD-R).

This is a hardware problem. There is no software fix.

7. Phoenix77

Phoenix77 Guest

The HP 100i will only write to a DVD+RW or CD-Rs.

Do one of you have the Driver for the 100i? Lost all my software about a week ago. System doesn't see the DVD.

Any help...Thanks

cchaney1@cox.net

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2002
  8. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

I wrote to someone last week about the HP100. I had one and HP had a trade in for $105 to a HP200i which is suppose to work with dvd+r/rw.
    I don't know if the trade in is still going on. But currently, I'm having problems with the burning of dvd+r so that it'll play on my stand alone.Check with HP if you are interested in the upgrade.There is also an upgrade for the driver of HP100.

9. Phoenix77

Phoenix77 Guest

It wasn't the driver or software I was mising, would you believe that I received 2 bad DVD100i's! The most receint one actually had pieces loose inside.

Anyway, the 200i does write DVD+R and +RW. Be careful and make sure you do not buy the DVD-R. (Notice the + and - difference)

The trade-in deal is over in the US.