1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp 200e dvd burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sneaktip, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Loci_X

Loci_X Guest

I have the HP 200j drive. After I have ripped the movie to my C: drive I get the error message that "The files you have selected will not fit on your disc. Please select fewer files or remove some existing files from your disc." I am using HP RecordNow and have not purchased the upgrade. Has anyone been able to burn dvd's without purchasing the upgrade? Also, I do not understand how the "ifo edit" function works.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2002
  2. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

It seems that your hard drive isn't big enough for the files. If you have like an 8.4 or 10 gb harddrive, ripping dvds won't work. I can not explain ifoedit or burning any better than I did above.

3. Loci_X

Loci_X Guest

I have an 80 gig hard drive. The dvd has been ripped to my drive, I am just wondering how to get to the ifo edit screen

4. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Okay...a lot going on in here! I successfully got LOR to work on my standalone last nite!! Happy to report. Elayne...any issues with the +RW you should download and run bitsetter, it will automatically change your writer drive to a dvd-rom which your standalone WILL recognize, I can give u details if your interested. I've been using Smartrip instead of dcytpt..works like a charm, and I don't have any issues after I play the movie for a few minutes.

Loci_x----you need to first download ifoedit, I would suggest using v.91 since the bugs are still being worked out on the new one. For you to open your .TS & .IFO with it, you need to 'right' click and then choose the program you want to open the file with. AFter you do this once, IFO edit will always be there when you 'right' click. That is the BEST way to open your files in IFO edit(right clicking). And rmber after every change you make, save and close...then open the file back up.
    Also, make sure you EMPTY your recycle bin, your bin will hold up 80gigs of memory. Happen to me a few times. Deleting them off C: isn't enuff. That should be the issue, I can't imagine how u don't have room w. 80gig's. I have an HP 772 with 80gig, and I only have about 20 with a movie in my C:.

5. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Elanye. When you download the aspi settings, use the aspi checker that comes with the download. It will 'detect' if you have the aspi settings loaded. If not, then run the aspi32 icon(green/red) that you downloaded and it will update your settings. That is the actual file. But if you haven't had any issues, then don't sweat it. I kno I couldn't get anything to work w/o the aspi settings downloaded to my PC. I can email you the 2 aspi files you need, if your confused at all, b/c when u download u get like 8 or 9 files that don't mean anything.

6. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Tranluke, you HAVE to download the FIRMWARE upgrade b4 your drive will burn anything. hp.com/support and put in your drive (ie HP200e) its the last upgrade on the page v.1.37. You cannot, and I REPEAT cannot burn a dvd using the recordnow software that comes with your PC. As Elayne stated you have to buy the MAX upgrade. If u try w/o it, it will give u that 'bad disc' msg when u try to record & spit your media out. TRUST ME!, I was trying to be cheap too. Uhhh the claim is VOB (30 day trial) is a fully functional copy, but I couldn't get it to work. Somewhere in your recordnow software when you open it you can connect online to their website....do a start>pgm file>recordnow (the long way) and look around in the folder and see if they have a link...I think thats where I found it. Back to the subject, if you have recordnow open and link to their website you SHOULD find them offering you the MAX upgrade for $24....that's how much I paid for it. But you only get the upgrade price if you already have the software loaded.

7. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

FYI... 9 out of 10 players are NOT going to recognize the +r/rw media. In order to get past that u can use the dvd bitsetter to get ur burner setting to dvd-rom, so your standalone will recognize the media as a dvd-rom(all standalones recognize dvd-roms, but still no guarantees:). And my advice is DON'T waste your $$$ on +r's, buy +rw's since if they don't work u can erase and start over if theres an issue. I can't find the link right now, but I'll get it posted as soon as I find it.

8. tranluke

tranluke Guest

Hi,

I am getting the upgrade rite now. It's been driving me crazy, man.=)
    Thanks for the tips Phil!

9. tranluke

tranluke Guest

Oh, the Max upgrade site is www.stompinc.com

10. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

11. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Yes the upgrade is there, but u shouldn't have to pay full price since you already have the software. Like I stated you can link to their site thru recordnow or something in their folder. Lemme kno how much they're charging now.

Oh, and if u guys are looking...the Mintec that Best Buy is selling for $59 will play ANYTHING, u put in it. Tried +r and +rw and -r....I'm buying 3 this wkend.

12. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Phil, If you remember, I was trying to help you with your problems. Last time I'll try to help.

13. tranluke

tranluke Guest

Hi,

I did all the steps above like Elayne said. I tried to burned it in RecordNow Max Platinum ver. 4.1, and I even upgrade the firmware update for my hp200e. First, my disc was scanned, and after awhile a message appear said that cd/dvd mastering encounter a problem,and the windows needs to shut down. what should i do next?

Help, pls

14. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Elayne, what do you mean by that? I appreciate all of your suggestions. Did something I say, offend? Just letting u kno how I got mine to work. It seems every PC has something diff that will make it work. Like their living and breathing, hunh?

15. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Tranluke, u may want to reinstall your software. Not sure what that means, but that sound like a software issue.