1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 300n cd/dvd writer combo

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rk3, Oct 28, 2003.

1. joglys

joglys Member

rk3 I got my new drive today, I replaced it, and yes it works! But hey, I didn't have to return my old one. For sure, I'll extend my Hp warranty, it's worth it. These drives will burn out quickly.

2. fanbot

fanbot Member

Hi guys, guess I'm in the same boat. Veen trying to get the DVD/CD burner to recognize and format CD's without avail.

3. fanbot

fanbot Member

Mailed your responses to HP. Getting the uninstall/install disable/enable scripts. Been busy trying to resolve this issue for more than a week.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

joglys: if you get a good drive, it should last you quite some time :)

fanbot: my for my own damn good, "Anything I say, I say with (usually) the best intentions in mind and is obtained through research, personal experience and a technical (engineering) background. Praetor is not legally responsible for jack. ALthough I make every attempt to ensure my posts are accurate, unbiased and fair, there may be several exceptions with or without my knowledge/intent :p"

Gotta love stupid legal bu11sh1t :p
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.addictz.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  5. fanbot

fanbot Member

Sorry, Praetor. No legalities intended. Just trying to get HP to fix the problem instead of giving me the continual script. Thanks for the inormation supplied.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

:p No worries, hope it works out for ya :p

7. Davedx

Davedx Member

I was browsing forums to find some help on my HP300n problem and found this site..

I've been having problems burning ISO dvds.. i'm basically trying to back up all my AVI and MPEG files.. the DVD+R i am using is a compUSA brand..

everytime I burn it using Nero 5.0.. it says burn successful, but it fails the verification check.. and the dvd isn't readable..

I updated to Nero 6, (which oddly does not allow me to click what speeds I want to burn and doesnt let me click simulate burn).. on my first burn.. about half of the files are able to be played off the dvd..however the other half has error pop ups and CRC redundancy errors..

I dont know what the heck is causing it.. I tried using Nero Info tool like Praetor suggested
    and here's what it says

wnaspi32.dll (4.71), aspi32.sys (4.71), winaspi.dll (4.60), and wowpost.exe (4.60) have all the same dates, and it says aspi is installed and working correctly.

well i hope this problem can be fixed.. it's pretty expensive to keep making bad dvd burns.