1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 840b driver update doesnt work

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by mikiru, Sep 15, 2007.

1. mikiru

mikiru Member

Hey,
    I was updating my HP 840b writer, i burned a required file on boot dvd, driver update was successful. However the Device Manager still shows that the driver is old (2001) instead of 2006/05.
    Also tried uninstalling driver, updating again, and its still doing the same thing.
    Im trying to update, cuz have problem burning dual DVDs with ImgBurn, have "Invalid Address For Write" message.

thanks

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Your fine on the driver - most drives use windows driver and the last one was 2001.
    I think you mean firmware - one thing it does is stores the media codes and the write strategy in the drive for the different media.
    The latest one for your drive is HJ86 from 3/06.

The problem may be the media your using - which dual layer are you using? It may not be compatible with the drive.
    Best dual layer to use would be verbatim.

3. mikiru

mikiru Member

thanks for your advice, i was using philips dvd+r dl. i actually bought an external LG e40l burner, and it solved my problem. have no problems since.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a problem

That's one way to solve it - a new drive!