1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP a6000n HDD Problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rottingkd, Apr 27, 2014.

1. rottingkd

rottingkd Member

So my hard drive went bad on my HP a6000n I bought a new one and now a black screen when I try to boot with windows disk Win7.
    Disk boot Failure, Insert system disk and press enter

I think MB is good cos im able to enter bios setup. cd/dvd cable is ide and set as 1st boot and ide cable also 1st. hdd is 2nd and sata 2. is there something im missing? i've looked all over the web for answers but can't seem any that can help.

thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is your dvd drive good as it should boot off the dvd disk being the hard drive is blank & that the dvd drive is the 1st boot drive? check that the dvd disk can boot too just to make certain it is not causing the problem.

3. rottingkd

rottingkd Member

I think, before I removed the old hdd, the dvd drive was working fine, and when I boot the pc i can feel it spin, and its trying to read the disk... it takes about 15 to 30 sec and then i get the boot failure notice. im gonna swap the drive with another and ide cables just in case, and ill give it a go.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

make certain the bios sees the dvd drive as maybe the ide cable to drive or motherboard was partially dislodged when you were installing the new sata hd.

5. rottingkd

rottingkd Member

thanks ddp, that's another thing bios sees both dvd and new hdd. boot list cd/dvd as 1st
    and hdd 3rd.?