1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP DC4000 as a stand-alone recorder ????

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by sampson65, Feb 8, 2005.

1. sampson65

sampson65 Member

hi

ive got several home movies on vhs that i would like to convert to dvd. looking around the forum i noticed a few people recommended the HP DC4000. my question: can this unit be hooked up like a stand alone dvd recorder. i would like to also use this unit to record from tivo. is such a set up possible?? thanks for any input and advice.

2. permatex

permatex Regular member

to samson65- hp has upgraded ths dc4000 to now the dc5000,this is an external dvd writer hooked up to the computer by a usb port.this unit has a built in capture system that allow capture from a vcr,camcorder and dvd player.if you have a lot of vhs tapes to convert to dvd,this is the writer you need.this writer will copy dvds as long as you have a good dvd copy program,you can burn music,data,play dvd movies and back up almost any program that is installed on your computer.this machine will only cpoy copyright vhs tapes if you install a clarifier sold at facetvideo.com,its a small electeonic unit that connect to the video cable between the clarifier and the dvd writer.right now i use the dc4000 and i understand the dc 5000 is much improved.go to hp.com and check out the spects on the dc5000.