1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp dvd300i firmware problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by vaneeden, Mar 8, 2004.

1. vaneeden

vaneeden Member

i have a hp dvd300i which i recently bought, and everytime i was on the net it would ask me if i wanted to
    upgrade my firmware. Eventually i got really irritated with this annoying message that i just did the upgrade.
    Well, needless to say that after that everything went pear shaped and now i cannot read dvd movies or my dvds
    that i have written. In my frantic desperation i downloaded a cracked firmware to revert back to my original firmware
    as the support from hp was not proving fruitful (surprise! surprise!). The 'downgrade' was successful except for the fact
    that i still cant read dvds etc. CAN ANYONE IN THIS MAD WORLD GIVE ME AN ANSWER PLEASE?
    Ps. how do i get rid of that annoying upgrade pop up menu?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi vaneeden, I don't have that drive, but I would guess that in the settings or properties there has to be a box to check or uncheck depending on how it is stated to stop the pop up. It will say something like check for updates automatically. There may be a better HACKED firmware at
    www.rpc1.com. But using hacked firmware usually voids the warranty. So be careful.

Jerry

3. Geredeth

Geredeth Guest

Greetings. This is actually the EXACT issue I am having. HP told me to contact the people who made the dvd's.
    Sadly, thats way to many companies (all my dvd's) to contact. I was wondering if you found any answer to it since your original post?

4. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

Hi vaneeden
    When you installed the HP drive did you install all the supplied software. To upgrade HP firmware HP's Record Now must be present. I have a HP 300i drive that I have upgraded the firmware three times and now have firmware version 320. Which OS are you running ?
    I hope this helps