1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp elite 8000 cmt system board

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rtrg, Mar 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I was given several 8000's with different issues. after some testing I have come to the conclusion that the MB's are at fault. none of the boards can be recovered using F11 or even take a fresh OS install from the RESTORE CD set for THIS model. all have hdd's which appear to be working. I have replacement hdd's.

the question is can I use any of the MB's from an 8100,8200,or8300? part #s 531990,611835,657096 in the same order. they appear to be identical with each other with the exception of the cpu speed and memory storage. the only difference between these boards and the 8000 is the placement of the sata ports although they are the same colors and identification. no one on EBAY is selling an 8000. there a several of the others. are these 3 interchangeable in all respects? all I need to do is install the MB and hdd with OS written to it which I cloned from my working 2 8000's. they are in perfect working state. I can get the RESTORE cd set if needed since I doubt that F11 would work. nor would the cd set I have work. I would appreciate a complete answer. my only other solution is to buy a cheap 8000 which does not make any sense. it would be nice to get these working for selling later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.