1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP lightscribe, good or bad?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by engernd, Apr 11, 2006.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

Catfreak
    Thanks again for the HP link with the updated firmware. I decided to go ahead and flash my drive. On reviewing the media on the list for improved support was the MKM which is Verbatim's DL. Since upgrading firmware from the manufacturer is relatively safe, I went for the improved support. This firmware update is one that a lot of people have been looking for. Also on looking back, I remember people having problems with the HP 740i with some of the media listed. Even though it's not something that is helping you, you've uncovered the solution to a bunch of problems suffered by HP 740i(B) owners. Pass it on. It still won't booktype though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2006
  2. arfarf

arfarf Guest

Hey guys can I ask a question. I downloaded DVDInfoPRO and it doesn't tell me that my Drives don't allow for Bitsetting or Booktyping. How do I know, and how can I force them to Booktype in DVDClone, or other burning applications. I know Nero does it but Nero doesn't let you compress the DVD Files.

3. arfarf

arfarf Guest

Another question, if I set the Booktype to a drive with DVDinfoPRO, will it remain forever, or do I have to do this all the time?