1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp media center to a hitachi 40"

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Paige123, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Paige123

Paige123 Member

so i got my media center and it didnt come with a remote control to use the PVR so i cant hook cable to it, i then decided to hook my pc to my tv and be able to watch all of my downloaded things on it so i tried to hook it up and call me blonde which i am, but i dont know how, help please!!!

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

What model of HP computer do you have?

Does the video card have tv output? (s-video, composite)

3. Paige123

Paige123 Member

my computer is a Hp Media Center PC m7250n and yes it has a tuner card with red,white and yellow outputs, not so sure about the s-video one though.

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

First off don't plug in the cords in the front panel they are for input (according to the HP website, but I'd follow whatever it says on the case).

Once you plug in the cords. What you need to do it right click on the desktop. Select properties. Then click settings. You should see two numbered boxes. This indicates you monitor and tv screen. You need to click the second one and extend monitor on to the desktop by putting a check in the box.

If this doesn't work. Make sure everything is plugged in right. Sometimes you have to restart you computer but you shouldn't have to with your system because it's a newer computer.

A common problem is for the screen to show up in black and white. All you need to do there is change the signal from PAL to NTSC (if in North America).