1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Pavilion stuck in some type of standby mode

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by scow1, Feb 8, 2007.

1. scow1

scow1 Member

I have a HP Pavilion a562N, that is acting crazy. The computer started running slow and that was its only issue. So I reformatted it the destructive way using the computers recovery partition. Got everything installed and up and running again. Now for some reason the computer was set to into standby mode. The computer go into standby, then when I tried pulling out of it it seemed like windows wouldnt load, the moniter would stay black with the amber light on, the processor fan would make pulsing noises, and all the lights on front of the computer would be on (cd,HDD,floppy). When I got the computer back into windows i turned off standby and changed my power scheme from energy star to home/office desktop. The computer still does this standby thing even though all setting are set for never and hybernation is set off. The weird thing is it never done this prior to reformatting. If you have any ideas on what this is let me know. Thanks for any help.

2. elokito

elokito Regular member

well if the cd, floppy,and hd lights were on then it seems it simply froze or something if that happens just press the power button to c if u could snap it out of standby, if not simply hold the power button for some secs and it will turn off

3. scow1

scow1 Member

What im trying to figure out is why it is occuring all of a sudden. I never had this problem before I reformatted the computer, why has it become a problem now? The only way to shut to computer down is by holding the power button for 30secs.

4. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

just a guess.

it could be some kind of hard disk malfunction that has been caused during the reformat.

now ddp has a link to a good hard disk utility and i am sure he will be kind enough to post it when he sees this thread.

5. scow1

scow1 Member

I wonder if it is a link to DFT ( drive fitness test)?

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

see what happens in safemode as don't think it is a drive problem. to check if a drive problem, do a scandisk