1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hp Printer Problem.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Xenon24, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Xenon24

Xenon24 Regular member

Hello everyone I seem to have a problem and need some assistance. I have a Hp deskjet Printer 5650 model and need to reinstall the driver for it oh and I run on Windows 98. I can't seem to find the software cd it came with so I thought no prob just go online and reinstall driver...ummm well while trying the hp website I got this on there.

"As of July 2007, HP will no longer be able to offer driver downloads or replacement driver CD ordering for Windows 98, 98 Second Edition (SE), or Windows Millennium (Me) for your HP printer, all-in-one, camera, or scanner. Microsoft has stopped providing and supporting certain files related specifically to Windows 98 SE, and this change affects all technology companies. HP, along with other technology companies, is no longer able to use selected components in support of Windows 98SE, which has an impact on our software strategy for Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, and Windows Me. HP will continue to provide other selected HP software and applications that do not depend on Windows 98 SE components for the foreseeable future."

So I need to use my printer and I don't know where to get the damn driver...any help would be great thank you for your time.

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Xenon24,
    HP is known for their substandard customer service. Click here to see the proof. Anyway, try downloading the driver here.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  3. Xenon24

Xenon24 Regular member

Thanks I was so close but the DriverDetective I it wanted me to download stated I needed windows 2000 or higher...thanks though...any other websites i could driver...there use to be one but I can't remember the site correctly....driverdownload or driverguide I don't know...well thanks for your help hopefully theres still hope somewhere else.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member