1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP PSC All-in-One printer and Avery Label problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bob_leon, Apr 24, 2005.

1. bob_leon

bob_leon Member

I own an HP PSC 1205 All-in-One printer and have had no problem with the allignment of paper be it plain, photographic glossy, or Avery label. However, a friend has a new (4 months old) PSC 1215 printer. It happily uses plain and photographic glossy paper which feeds into and exits the machine quite normally. Strangely, having set up a label run, the Avery paper repeatedly 'starts early'. If it were a roller problem, any slippage would cause the print to start late wouldn't it? If I repeat the label print with plain paper (having set the borders visible), the labels are correctly positioned.

I've checked the paper size and Avery code and everything is correct. Even using a different size label and code, different manufacturer, different label data etc makes no difference. The paper labels just will not allign correctly. It always begins the print too close to the upper edge of the Avery paper. I'm utterly mystified. In desperation, I carried out a print calibration but that didn't change anything.

Would I be justified in returning the printer to the supplier stating that it is faulty or have I missed something?

Many thanks,

Bob

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in the manual to see if there is a lever inside the printer that adjusts the hieght of the print head as what they used to do with dot matrix printers