1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP vs GATEWAY.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ricetrack, May 6, 2007.

1. ricetrack

ricetrack Regular member

can someone tell me which pc is more ideal for gaming?

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

really depends on what the computer has or don't have, not the manufacturer.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

prebuilts, save from Alienware, aren't ideal for gaming. custom built is superior in every way, including price.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

neither one of these are ideal for gaming. But if you dont want to go with custom built. I would choose HP over Dell. Dell has too many issues.

5. ricetrack

ricetrack Regular member

yeah, i am trying to get a decent desktop package that would enable me to play sims 2 with all the expansions flawlessly.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hp then; but honestly, building a PC is very easy and saves you as much as 30% of the cost, sometimes even more. you should really look into that.

7. dazila

dazila Regular member

I have never built a PC from scratch i always buy one and slowly upgrade stuff as time goes.
    Ive seen what a pain it is getting everything organized with compatibilty with all the parts you will get.
    Ok out of those 2 i would say HP by a mile.
    Sims 2 isnt a really WOW! game to run i mean every average PC can do it all the game wants is CPU anything above 933mhz will do just fine graphics wise teh game relys more on cpu.
    its been tested and shown.

8. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

The only thing that you may need to lookout for to make the sims work correctly is to get a package that is using a motherboard that has an unintegrated graphic card. A Friend of mine has this game and got a laptop and got it because of the graphics card.

9. ricetrack

ricetrack Regular member

wel, an hp desktop i've been looking at is the hp m8020n and the m8040n, which both have different nVidia graphics... 7350LE for the m8020n and 7600GT for the m8040n, i don't understand these terms but am wondering if these would be good enough for sims 2...

10. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I would deffinately recomend the one with the 7600 GT. I just looked up the m8040n and I will have to say it's probablly one of the nicest pre-built computers I've ever seen. It should play pretty much any game you put in it right now. The price didn't seem that bad either.

11. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I would choose the Nivida card cause it is mostly compatible with everything

12. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

They are both Nvidia card but one is a 7600 GT and the other is a 7350 LE. But like I said I would deffinately go with the 7600 GT.