1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp200i dvd+ burner problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sasmon, Apr 28, 2003.

1. sasmon

sasmon Member

ok first of all i have had this dvd burner since 10/23/02 and i still have yet to make a dvd. all i want to do is take the downloads i have and put them on a dvd. the burner came with MY DVD software and that is great for vcd's but uses to much space for a dvd (45min show 85mb avi = 2.8 gig dvd huh!)
    well i got my hands on some software called MOVIE FACTORY and i just used it to formate the files and then MY DVD software to to burn it (cause MOVIE FACTORY only suports dvd- drives). and it goes and 20 mins later crashes every time. i have win xp, 1.5gz athlon pros. 256mb ram and a ati 9000 128mb vid card can you help me or sugest a better software to make dvd's.

2. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

hi, take a look at the following guide. I found it to be the best one when i started out. NB My DVD is not the best and should be subbed.

Let me know if you still have problems after reading the guide

WalterPK

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I think we're missing something here.

(like maybe the "following guide")

4. whompus

whompus Active member

sasmon
    Movie factory does work with the hp 200i. I use them both with no problems. If you have not done so you may want to go to hp site and get the 1.51 firmware. Its the newest for this burner an is what I run on mine.

5. sasmon

sasmon Member

well i gave it a shot
    i updated my dvd software
    and got the firm ware u spoke of
    it all installed without a problem
    i then compiled my dvd in movie factory
    it detected my dvd player
    and i burned away.....
    the next morning i so full of joy to play the dvd in my dvd player only to find it cant read the disk :(
    well i put the dvd in the computer dvd and it does not even detect to dvd (no properties nothing). so something did not burn right im back to square one :( anyother other solutions i would be most gratefull.

6. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

Your 200i comes with software.In that software there is something called Compatability Bit settings. Burning a disc in Mode 1 or Mode 2. If I remember correctly Mode 1 burns the disc in the RAW file system & Mode 2 in the .UDF file system. Try changing this setting, use a RW & Good Luck.

7. sasmon

sasmon Member

well after updating "my dvd" i burnt my first working dvd yea! but just wish i could use movie factory well ill give your idea a try thanks everyone