1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HPDVD+RW200 wont recognise DVD+R??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Hillfly, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Hillfly

Hillfly Member

I am having some trouble with my HPDVD+RW200i.
    I am using it with Recrodnow 4.10. I have successfully burnt DVD+RW with this but when i put a blank DVD+R into the machine it doesn't recognise it. Anyone got any suggestions as to how to solve this? (i don't have the original HP setup disks).

2. vwdevilo

vwdevilo Member

hey i got hp200ix , i dont have any troble at all ,make sure you are uising DVD+R or DVD+RW the other one's with "-" then check cables and change for new one , install the software again, if you still have the problem ,format the PC install all clean maybe you got some bad files in windows

3. moiself

moiself Member

I have a 200j or 200e, if u prefer; go to hp's website & download the latest fimware update (in the reg it should read 1.36 : run regedit>HKeyLocalMachine>System>CurrentControlSet>Enum>Cdrom&Ven_hpDVD_Writer200jRev.1.36. If u don't read something like this, go & update yr. drivers! I'm running XP, the correcct number of the the drive may depend on your OS. Make sure u turn the power off for 5 secs. and then on again after the update.