1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC Video Out Options

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by gardnerd, Feb 8, 2004.

1. gardnerd

gardnerd Member

I am looking to build up a HTPC with the good stuff. I currently have a PC hooked up to my HDTV via S-Video....Picture sucks so im kinda nervous of investing in a good PC to use as a PVR games...ect. My TV has is a Toshiba Wide screen with component inputs as the best option.

Anyone have any experience hooking up a TV with component cables? Good Bad?? Other options for my set up??

2. LordZuul

LordZuul Guest

Ewww.... even worse...

I am using a scan converter hooked up to the VGA port... It feeds video to the SCART connector of my HDTV... If I do buy another TV I will buy one of the ones with a 16:9 XGA connector on it though... My nephew things that the games play a treat, and I do not have any complaints about the quality of DivX or WMV files that I play... I have connected my PC, laptop and many other computers around the house...

I would suggest that you play with the settings available... There should be no reason why you are getting a poor image... SVideoh should give you the best results... Even the SVideo port on my old IBM 390e (probably the worse video source of them all) works well. I do not know where you should start debugging the problem... maybe borrow a different video card to test things out.

3. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

Your video card can play a big role in the picture being crappy, what do you have now?