1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge Media Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by cl2yp71c, Jan 3, 2006.

1. cl2yp71c

cl2yp71c Member

I am not sure when or how this problem came to be. When in WMP 10, and press the "now playing" tab it automatically closes without an error message. This occures similary in browsers in a manner in which when it streams a wma or wmv file it(browser) closes, i have tried this with several browsers and the effects are the same however the browsers work with quicktime and real files perfectly fine. Now I downloaded winamp and when I press "show info"(requires internet connection) for a playing song, winamp closes. It also closes when I play shoutCAST Radio but not when I play "Winamp Music". I am guessing this problem consists because of the connection to the internet or the windows media protocol...im just guessing.

and uhhmm....internet explorer closes just when I'm using it normaly lk after couple of seconds or when i type in a different website than its default which is msn.com

[bold]I HATE MICROSOFT PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!![/bold] erghh

btw I am using Win. XP Pro

thx for ur time

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

update to windows media player 10 latest version install service pack 2 and try again if this doesn't work try service pack 1 for internet explorer 6 it will fix most of these problems

also how much memory do you have if you have under 256 megs of ram the computer will have crashing and auto closing problems left and right and the maximum memory you need to have before installing service pack 2 is 512 megs of ram

also try installing the media player plugins

3. cl2yp71c

cl2yp71c Member

i have sp2 and WMP 10
    my ram is 768ddr(which i think is plenty)
    I also downloaded kazaa mega codec pack

I still can listen to music and watch videos with WMP, WMP Classic, and winamp....but not rhapsody(im guessing because it connects to the net first)