1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge problem...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Ravoz, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

Hey guys,

Ive got a couple games on my pc that i would like to ftp over to 3 xbox consoles...

It seemed simple reading every tutorial but everything always failed.

I would turn the xbox on, then look into system settings to find the network ip then i would input it into flashfxp and enter the user name and password as xbox..but it never works its always a error or a timeout.

Does the xbox have to on a certain screen in order to ftp? ive tried almost everything.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You have to be in the dashboard for one.

Secondly, what are you using to connect the pc to your xbox?

If you using a ethernet port or NIC, did you edit the LAN settings to accomodate the network? It should be like this:

I.P. Address-192.168.0.1
    Subnet Mask-255.255.255.0
    DNS-0.0.0.0

For your ftp server, the I.P. should be 192.168.0.3

If you have a router/switch/hub, you should configure the settings to match that as well.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  3. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

well theres a easy way to do ftp.u need 2 crossovers.connect one from router or whatever u have to xbox and one from router or whatever u have to pc.in system settings change use static ip to no and network setup to yes.save &exit and reboot.now u should see an ip on yopur screen.type that in flashfxp(recommended)or whatever u have and username xbox and pw xbox.