1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HUGE problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Phantom69, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

lol sorry didnt know any other way to put it, right now i am using my linux installation, thankfully learned how to get softmodem working in it, well anyway, to the problem.

for soem reason, whenever i boot windows, it gets to the desktop and starts all the background programs and stuff fine but if i try to start anything, the computer freezes.

if i try to boot safe mode, the computer will automatically restart after i click on a user account to start.

i tried doing the none destructive repair with the XP disk but for some reason it came up with the same problem again. ihave the ntfs driver installed in linux so i can access all my fiels on here.

please someone help me fix this. i cant reformat, it takes forever for me to get it back the way i like lol. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

Sorry dude, I know what you mean with the settings I just did mine. What was the last thing you did to your comp, or did it mess up at some random time? You might have to resort to a reformat...sux

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  3. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

well ima see if can get a 2nd hd to do something but doubt it, prolly plug it into other comp and save files then reformat. thanks for reply.

4. gamer17

gamer17 Regular member

sounds like bad ram or a bad hard drive to me. try putting the hard drive into another computer and then doing a repair install with the xp disk ( repair install is to make the Hard drive work with the new computers hardware ) then if it boots up fine then you know its bad ram if it doesnt then its probably a bad hard drive or a virus. The repair install should fix it if its caused by a virus (sometimes it doesnt though) so if the repair install doesnt fix it then its probably a bad hard drive.

If you want to keep the data thats on the hard drive and put it on a new one. Then i would recommend using Norton Ghost.