1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[i]1st generation starview cant turn on[i]

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by nesta_13, Dec 13, 2008.

1. nesta_13

nesta_13 Member

hi guys ive got another box whichs i think its 1st generation starview [small silver box]and when i tried to updated with a new bin file i think i did it with a wrong one which was ok untill it completed but than when the box restart it it didnt turn it on it just flashing and than it stopped in the last flas button and stayed like that so i was woundering what should i do to get my box running again is theer any way to back up before taht update ..
    many thankxx

2. malci

malci Guest

If you have put the wrong firmware on then you have now caused a bad flash, if the box is showing -- on the front (think that is what you mean?) you can only try the bad flash method to recover. So go to the link at the bottom of my post marked Starview 1st one, look down and follow the bad flash method with the correct firmware obviously, you may have to do this in excess of 20 times, on the other hand you could be lucky and get it first time.