1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I accidentally locked my hard drive with a bad key.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Haze666, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Haze666

Haze666 Member

I accidently unlocked my hard drive for my Xbox original, while i was going to replace it with chimp, i have tried several methods of locking my hard drive, although using XboxHDM i can only get dos to work, i get something about usb being set to something and then it freezes before i can do anything in the os, and i did let it sit for about 2 hours while i was outside working on a jetski, to make sure that it wasn't just hanging, but while in DOS i tried locking my hard drive with the key that i had gotten from my EEPROM, that i did have backed up, but for some reason isn't locking.
    i tried in a version of dos that i had lying around and a couple of tools i found, "hdlock.exe / hdunlock.exe" but was no use, it said "Hard Drive not ready" but i thought i had found some hope when i came across XboxHDM, because there were some unlocking tools in the DOS part of it, though they might be different, but instead i was dissapointed when i found they were about 90% the same, the 10% difference is that it requires a "-a" command to be able to put in the hard drives key "which i have but for some reason i cannot lock it" now, i do have everything except HDDinfo.txt backed up, is anybody willing to shed some light on my situation?

Haze666

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  2. Haze666

Haze666 Member

i have a backup from Xplorer360, and also my eeprom backed up, is there any way that i can just clean the drive and start from scratch? [edit] i grabbed an old motherboard and got it to lock with the and may have used the wrong code <.> [/edit]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010