1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am case modding my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by WTFmann, Jun 16, 2007.

1. WTFmann

WTFmann Member

Hey, i am currently case modding my xbox into a computer case(not sure case model) but seeing as how i am a NooB at playing with computers, and this project started at 3 am in the morning, as something to do, i was wondering if anyone had any idea how to connect the power and eject switch from the original xbox to the one on the computer... tis all i need to know

2. chess0990

chess0990 Regular member

are u using the tut from xbox-scene if so it says how

"your probably getting excited at this point, being able to see your exciting new xbox all connected up. but theres one small issue. you dont yet have a power switch. this is on a board im pretty much guessing you havent removed from the xbox yet. its a PIG to get out and caused me to break the xbox case in the end. on it are 2xmicro switch (power+eject) and 2x led's. the led's are tri-wired - due to the fact they do more than one colour.

there are probably better ways to do this but heres the method i used to get things up and running on mine:

first, follow the tracks on the board and work out whats ground. its usually the big fat bit that touches everything at some point. now follow this to all the pins that are ground and yank them out....strip tem all, twist them all together and get all the case grounds for 2xled's and power/reset connectors... solder if u can and tape up. next follow the other pin of the eject switch (it IS labeled :) pop this wire out and conect to the other wire for the case power button (i use power as its larger - matching the xbox).. do the same for power/reset. for the LED i only had 2 led's on the case and they are 1 colour, not 2 colour like the xbox. i decided to sacrifice the RIGHT led, and connect the left led's wires to the two seperate led's on the case.the only wires left now are for the other led's so pop them off too and tidy them. the board is now unconnected and redundant"

this is what that tut says

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007