1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS CONECTING MY XBOX TO PC BY FTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pazza1, Feb 1, 2005.

1. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

hi all who can help me i have tryed connecting my xbox to pc with a crossover cable my pc makes a local area conection and says it is connected but when i use smart ftp and try to connect i get an error connection failed or unable to find/resolve host i have also tryed cute ftp pro
    i dont know why it wont work i have tryed using loads of step by step tutorials but i get same message do i need to find out my xboxs ip with evox?

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Yes.. It's on the settings menu. Scroll down and you will see it. Change it if necessary (if you have other PCs on your network, they all need different IPs), also make sure it's set to static. Take note of what it is, and use that in whatever FTP program you are using. If you change your IP, make sure you scroll down to the bottom and save changes.

I use Cute FTP and make sure it's set to PORT mode when it connects, not PASV nor AutoDetect. (I haven't transfered files in a long time via FTP, so I'm not 100% sure if it's PORT or PASV. If it's not one, try the other) :p

3. neon3008

neon3008 Member

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Yes, that one will work as long as you connect it to your PC. If you have a hub/router/switch you can't use a crossover cable.

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

It doesn't need to be set to a static IP.I've always used DCHP and It still connects fine.

6. p.fortt

p.fortt Member

hope this help
    Go to your XboX system settings and make sure everything it looks like this:
    SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = Yes
    Ip = 192.168.0.3
    Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
    Defaultgateway =
    DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 = 0.0.0.0
    You may also have SkipifNoLink and you can set that to No.
    Also verify your [FTP] Section looks like this:
    [FTP]
    Enable = Yes
    Password = xbox
    IGR = No
    Save & Exit and Reboot XboX.
    Now go to your network card's settings and click over Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click on 'Properties'
    IP Address: 192.168.0.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway:
    DNS:
    Now connect to host, server or IP: 192.168.0.3 ; username: xbox ; password: xbox
    That's how it should look like.when you switch your x box on make sure you do not have a game in it then it should connect once connected then put a game in it and your dash should say in top right hand corner game

7. p.fortt

p.fortt Member

hope this help
    Go to your XboX system settings and make sure everything it looks like this:
    SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = Yes
    Ip = 192.168.0.3
    Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
    Defaultgateway =
    DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 = 0.0.0.0
    You may also have SkipifNoLink and you can set that to No.
    Also verify your [FTP] Section looks like this:
    [FTP]
    Enable = Yes
    Password = xbox
    IGR = No
    Save & Exit and Reboot XboX.
    Now go to your network card's settings and click over Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click on 'Properties'
    IP Address: 192.168.0.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway:
    DNS:
    Now connect to host, server or IP: 192.168.0.3 ; username: xbox ; password: xbox
    That's how it should look like.when you switch your x box on make sure you do not have a game in it then it should connect once connected then put a game in it and your dash should say in top right hand corner game.then open up your ftp program then transfer the contents of your xboxs d drive to the folder xbox on your pc

8. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member