1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am having problems making my dvd labels

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sjg1999xp, Nov 20, 2004.

1. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

I am downloading from http://www.cdcovers.cc/, when I download the cover I can either save it as a jpeg or a bitmap and I tried both. When I go to open it with Epson print cd it is telling me to select file and their is none their in the folder I have the covers in, has anyone had this problem? Thanks Steve G.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I don't know why there would not be anything showing, but I do know that you put your computer in jeopardy by downloading from that site. To download a cover, it makes you install spyware.

3. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Thanks I was unaware of that, I downloaded a few covers and didn't see any spyware popping up, I have norton internet security 2004 installed and I use a firewall with that. It is very weird that I can download the covers but can't open them with the epson print cd software.

4. 44MagFan

44MagFan Guest

just a bit of advice, if using cdcovers.cc, because of the spyware, etc, I'd consider installing "Spybot Search & Destroy" or Adaware and running them after each visit to cdcovers.cc. Personally, I've found Spybot to be much better, but to each his own.

5. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Is that free and where could I get that? Thanks again

6. anahaevia

anahaevia Member

cdcovers.cc does install spyware on your computer when you visit it, but what I found most effective to browse the site and not worry about that is using Firefox. I love that site because I backed up alot of my DVDs and I would download covers. But the spyware doesn't install if your using Firefox, guaranteed. And you won't have to install none of this "Spybot Search & Destroy","Adaware" or even "Norton Antivirus 2004" bullsh1t. Yes Firefox is free...

7. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

I think I am good as long as my internet security is enabled and updated, what do you think? Thanks

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

spybot s&d and adaware are still good ideas, however, and they are free. do a quick google search to find them and you'll be very happy to get'em. i'm running firefox, three antivirii, a good firewall, and some other toys, but spyware does still sneak in every once and a while. that's life. but spybot and adaware get rid of them and everyone keeps on smiling. it's only a suggestion, but i believe you should download them, for the safety of redundancy at the least.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  9. 44MagFan

44MagFan Guest

ditto the sentiments on Firefox... soooo much nicer than Micro$oft IE! I would still recommend using spybot on top, however (for those pesky pages that don't like to display in anything other than IE). Link is here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html