1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am having problems with encoding audio for vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by davidace2, Aug 13, 2004.

1. davidace2

davidace2 Guest

i have been looking at multipul guides and i am still having problems i have encoded the video and that is fine no problems there. It is when i get to the audio that i have problems, i use virtualdub to extract the audio that is fine but it is when i need to convert it into mp2 format that i get problems. i have used besweetgui and followed the guide and i can't get it to work it just won't encode and i have used besplit and it wont fix the file if anyone can help that would be most helpful.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

So your Saying that your Encoder will not encode to Mp2?? is that Right??
    Your Video encoder should also encode the Audio at the same time but if for some reason you want to encode the audio seperately then maybe try useing a Audio encoder called "headac3he" it supports most Formats includeing Mp2...
    It would probably just be easier to take your source AVI file and decompress the audio in the AVI file useing V-Dub and then load the Files into Tmpgenc or whatever other encoder you are useing and encode it to VCD....

PS: Why are you useing Besplit?? I think it can only Fix Dolby AC3 files not MP2 and I can"t see how you would get a Corrupted Mp2 file unless you were doing something terrorably wrong.....Maybe tell me what type of File you are working with and what method and Software you are useing to make a VCD out of IT...?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  3. tmpgenc

tmpgenc Member

where to begin. after restoring my computer, i've been having all kinds of encoding problems. first i thought i had a code problem but after reinstalling all of the codec correctly and in the right order i can play and hear all of my movies but when i encode xvid files with tmpgenc audio and video togher from the same source file i get the video but no sound!

i tried useing virtualdub to extract the sound and then tried joining them seprately audio as a wave file still no sound

any help out there thanks
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ty for any help[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

try headac3he.

its been a while since i last use tmpg for my audios.
    transcode (with headac3he :p) it and lastly mux it.

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Most AVI/XviD file you download are going to have VBR MP3 audio which is Not supported By Tmpgenc so all you need to do is Decompress the audio in the AVI file..
    If you PM me with your Email address I can send you a Little tool that will turn your AVI with compressed audio into an AVI with Uncompressed audio that tmpgenc can read....

6. tmpgenc

tmpgenc Member

poormansdvd@yahoo.com please email anything you think will help
    eternly yours poormansdvd
    and yes its a vbr problem
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ty for any help[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  7. tmpgenc

tmpgenc Member

thanks for the program worked perfect

8. Xtreme1

Xtreme1 Member

Minion

I'm having the same problem as tmpgenc. May I ask you where to get the tool you speak of that will allow TMPGenc to encode the audio, or may I private message you with my email address?

Xtreme1

9. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes..You can PM me with your E-mail and I"ll send you the Tool...

You can also use Virtual-Dub to decompress the audio..
    You just load in your AVI file and set the Video to "Direct Stream Copy" and set the audio to "Full Processing Mode" and then go to "File" to "Save AVI" and save it and in a Few Minutes you will have an AVI with Uncompressed audio...Cheers

10. shiroh

shiroh Guest

about the vdub method.

it will attempt to rewrite the vbr audio into cbr, select no, cause that will let the synch off