1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am trying to enhance an avi file with V Dub and I have a ?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by xintensex, Mar 15, 2007.

1. xintensex

xintensex Member

Ok I am trying to enhance a avi file with V Dub I set the sharpening to 40% , but my question is what codec do I use, I had a 16 mb file and after it was done it was around 700 MB, So my question is what codec do I use, I got allot installed, there is allot to choose from, Thanks

2. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

U can't enhance a video per-say.All U can really do is pretty much keep the quality U already have.If U have an AVI[Divx]converting it to the same format will not improve the quality.If converting to another format Mpeg or VOB etc,all U can do is insure that their is little to none,in quality loss.Useing such programs as MainConcept,TMPGEnc.Or what ever prog U desire.Videos however they have been converted get no better or worse

3. attar

attar Senior member

Under Video -> Compression pick DivX.... Fast motion and save it to avi.
    I think it's defaulting to raw avi, hence the large file size.
    Of course that codec (Divx)selection has to be available in the menu offering..

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  4. olddawg

olddawg Member

I've been wondering how to do this also. Thanks for the info.