1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am trying to upgrade to vista but computer crashes

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by perodot, May 27, 2007.

1. perodot

perodot Member

I have ran the upgrade tool and it say everything is fine there are severl softweare problems and one modem problem but the tool says it wont caues a conflict I have tried three times to uprade but at the end my computer crashes and i have to roolback to xp i grt error message 82010f4 bace at 8200b000 datestamp 4sabfd3e , i have tried with antivirus off and firewall off at the sametime my computer is an hp 3800 amd 64x2 dual core processor im am trying to install the 32 bit verison of vista

2. perodot

perodot Member

3. wickedzx5

wickedzx5 Member

i guess you are trying to launch the installer from within windows xp? try rebooting and running the installation that way. although, an easy way to avoid this problem would be to do a clean install of vista. this will make vista run MUCH smoother and you will be happy you did. you can also do it so you can still save all of your previous files in a windows.old folder but all file associations will be severed as far as i know. good luck