1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am very new at this and I need HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by manuetinu, Apr 21, 2007.

1. manuetinu

manuetinu Guest

ok, please tell me how I can remove the audio input information which keeps playing on the screen when I play my downloaded video files...I mean, I don't get it, everyhitng works, sound and image...but that info won't go away and it drives me crazy...HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    ps> yeah, I know it's probably a super basic question but I just started

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Try editing your subject line so it describes your problem. Just putting "Help me I have a problem" etc is against the rules. Using capital letters is the same as shouting and will not get you any friends.

Also, writing things like HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP just annoys people.

You need to say what OS you are using, what software you are using to play the video files, etc.

3. manuetinu

manuetinu Guest

ok, so sorry about all that, but as I said, I am new at this.

I use windows Vista, I dowload from Emule different AVI files which I then play on Windows Media player. It always shows on the left side of the screen audio input information which I do not know how to remove...Can anyone help_? thanks

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

what version of WMP?

5. wrowe

wrowe Member

No Wonder the guy never continued the thread Indochine. What was your next question after he responded with the correct Version of WMP? - " What Store Did You Purchase It At"?

6. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

There are various versions of Windows Media Player, all with their own peculiarities, and knowledge of which version is in question is indispensable for diagnosis.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  7. wrowe

wrowe Member

I'm sorry if I offended your sensibilities, but it didn't appear that you were too eager to help with his problem either. You seemed more intent on giving him an education about the rules. It is interesting how an attitude can be percieved from the typewritten word. My apologies.

8. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

OK I plead guilty to that; it isn't really my role to give such lessons.

Context is all...

Like many of the regulars on here, I go down the list of unanswered posts looking for topics I may be able to answer. Nothing is more annoying than the continual sight of "I have a problem" or (more annoying) "HELLLPP!!!!". Hello? This is a help forum for problems, for God's sake! I personally find the mispelling of "please" as "PLZ" particularly irritating. The more Zs, the more annoying! These features imply an inequality: that the poster is not prepared to spend the (small) amount of time and effort needed to clearly state the problem, yet expects others to spend time and effort not only to solve his or her problem, but first to extract the necessary information from the questioner. Furthermore, the addition of qualifiers such as "PLZZZZ!!!!" and "URGENT!!!" implies that the questioner desires priority treatment.

The above is not an excuse; you are correct that my response was not ideal.

9. chipper07

chipper07 Member

ok so despite the fact you aren't obeying the Written Rules (isn't it interesting how all the Rules are neatly put into one place where you can read them, Conscience, Hardly) I will try to assist you. You want to know
    Firstly, where on the screen is it (bottom left on the video, bottom left below the video, Left Beside Video, Etc...)

Secondly, The Version does matter because Windows Media Player versions are all different

Example:
    [​IMG]
    (Version "old as dirt" Solution: View>Status -or- Ctrl+5)

Second Example:

[​IMG]
    (Version 10 Solution: If You mean on the screen it could be the movie which contains the text which can't be fixed or try View>Skin Mode and choose something with less info)

Third Example: This is more likly since you have vista

[​IMG]
    (Version 11 'Vista' Solution: Yet again change the skin and maybe that will work)

Hope this Helps

Give more info, and you might get a more refined answer

10. manuetinu

manuetinu Guest

Thanks a lot for your help. Ok, so I do use the version vista solution version. The text I am talking about is a green text which is on the upper left side of the screen of downloaded tv series or movies and says

Audio track>
    Input description
    Output description
    Name of channels
    Current input bitrate

Thanks again for taking an interest in helping the apparently annoying and almost insulting newby I proved to be to some!I really appreciate.

11. manuetinu

manuetinu Guest

I do not remember using any mispelling of please, just a small PS
    (post Scriptum) at the end of my so annoying message.Thanks a lot for the lesson, but let me remind you of a small fact that you might have overlooked in your virtual universe, not everyone is familiar with chats, forums and other virtual communication rules....sometimes a little tolerance fo newcomers goes a long way.