1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I burned a dvd with Decrypter, but no sound..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bpearl, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Bpearl

Bpearl Guest

Hi all.
    I have an iso file that says DVD, i made the iso file in Ulead movie factory.
    I burned it to dvd with Decrypter, and the movie file is fine, but there's no sound.
    I am doing it as a friend explained but i'm feeling like we are letting out a step.
    Can anyone help on this?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It'll be Ulead Movie Factory's fault as DVD Decrypter wont have anything to do w/ dropping sound/audio...

I'd highly recommend you maybe try DVD Shrink as it's easy to use , free & also works in conjunction w/ DVD Decrypter for output burning :c)

3. Bpearl

Bpearl Guest

I have avi and Divx files, can this be encoded by DVD Shrink too?
    I have read their manual but i believed it to be only for dvd ripped files of other format, it said something about VOB files (I must admit i don't know what vob is).
    Thank you for your reply :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2004
  4. herbsman

No ... avi/divx/xvid/mpeg etc need to be encoded by a true encoder - that not a job for DVD Shrink as it only deals w/ VOB files.
    Video OBject file is where the VOB comes from , you'll need to have a read up 'cos these things are the basics/fundamentals of understanding (slightly) a DVD-Video structure :)

All other file types such as avi/mpg/dvix/xvid etc need to be encoded (by something like MainConcept MPEG Encoder / TMPGEnc Plus) to MPEG2 DVD Compliant ... so they'll then be correct screen resolution & 48Hz audio [thats probably where your problem came in]...then run thru a proggie like TMPGEnc DVD Author which will then convert to VOB format whilst giving you the option to add chapter and/or menu also.
    Burn w/ Nero , Robert's your mothers brother (as they say) lol

[bold]herb[/bold]

P.S. If you look about , there's guides for all the method/programmes I've mentioned. TTFN

5. Bpearl

Bpearl Guest

The problem is, i've DVD+R and the free version of TMPGEnc doesn't encode to DVD+R, only DVD-R.
    The strange thing is, my friend also has ulead movie factory and he does it the same way, create disk image file, and then burning it in DVDEncrypter, but he DOES have sound :(
    Weird..
    I have other ulead programs and always they're good programs, i wonder why the iso file it creates comes out without sound.

6. herbsman

If you use a free proggie called 'G-Spot' you'll learn all about the file you're trying to encode ... incl' what audio you have [AC3/ogg/mp3 etc]

7. Bpearl

Bpearl Guest

OK, i'm off today until tomorrow but when i'm back i'll try it out.
    Thanks for the tip.