1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can fix your box if it says 0 on display

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by cableview, Feb 15, 2008.

1. cableview

cableview Guest

if your in the glasgow area i can fix and update your box to autorolling files...also fix your box if it says " 0 " on display i will ask mods if i can put my mail add up first.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

3. cableview

cableview Guest

it was you guys that told me how to do it.some people dont know how to solder properly or update their boxes...dont worry im not charging mad rates for the service.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Fair enough I will send people to you in your area if they request this service as long as you say your rates are reasonable and you look after the members here.

5. cableview

cableview Guest

any member on the forum £5 for both.... cap change and software update...hows that.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Fair enough if people are stuck in your area will send them your way. How about jtag services for your area.

7. cableview

cableview Guest

im just waiting for my jtag to arrive i will keep you posted..thanks scouser...hopefully it will be here at the start of the week.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem, hope you bought your kit from TMC, as he does the best ones ;)

9. yasza

yasza Member

Hi, would appreciate some help with starview box problem. input new codes for n*l dublin and located channels but data updating % message appears contstantly on screen and data does not update. Please help!!!!!Novice at this,

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  11. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ha ha , looks whos doing the night shift :)

A frind of mine has autoroll firmware on and it went to 800% and still didnt suto update , got them to turn if OFF at the back for a few seconds and that done the trick lol

12. yasza

yasza Member

emu key on, made sure codes are ok,switched box off and on from switch on back of machine, carried out data uploading fix checks, but data is being updated % message still on screen when trying to view chanells with $ sign, can view channels without $ perfectly. Any ideas !!!!! p.s please explain the term "flashing" (told you I was a novice) Thanks in advance

13. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Press Menu then 1570 and press the "Set Default Key" , press OK , then go into Nagravision and input the codes , press OK to save each key data and tune into S*Y Sports and it should update for you

Flashing means to update the b0x with the auto roll firmware that when the codes change , the b0x will auto update itself :)

Press Menu > System Information and tell us what the API is please

Also

You will need to know if you have a clone or genuine

Count the vents on top

18x7 = Clone
    25x7 = Genuine
    13x7 = 1st Generation

Also looking from the front
    Scart to the left = Clone
    Scart to the right = Genuine

Also you can go here to see some pics
    http://www.freewebs.com/dooby2oon

14. yasza

yasza Member

that worked a treat, all channels tuned in,
    My api version is 255e_E and the starview is a genuine one. How do I go about flahing this starview box, so that everytime the codes change .this starview box will update itself.
    thanks for all your help.

15. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You will need a null modem cable DB9F to DB9F.

Null Modem Cable

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...t10&doy=search&MenuName=USB to Serial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

All firmware/loader can be found in the link at the end of my post marked Eamos Library.

You will need the GTromloader, (Starvi*w Software Uploader), found in the Starvi*w software folder of the link.

You will need version 4.00 firmware for GENUINES found in "Starvi*w" firmware folder.

16. cableview

cableview Guest

jtag service from today as well as cap change and updated box files only in glasgow and surrounding areas..thanks..scouser.

17. cableview

cableview Guest

anyone in glasgow dont toss out your old box i can fix and update it in 40mins....cableview...ask scouser for my mail add.

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As said I am on a few forums and mod on some so if I see people looking for your services will pass them on as long as you keep to your very reasonable rates :)

19. cableview

cableview Guest

will do mate as long as they mention your name..thanx.