1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can not copy m3u to mp3

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by HSVIRK, Jan 20, 2010.

1. HSVIRK

HSVIRK Member

I can not convert M3U play list to MP3 format now. I was able to do it earlier few times by right clicking on my M3U song and opening it in notepad and copying that link on internet explorer and song will be converted to MP3 format and start playing in window media player and then I copy that song to my cd or usb storage chip. After I copied few songs it stopped working and now it does not copy song at all though I am following the same procedure. Song is still converted to MP3 from M3U and it start playing in window media player but it does not allow me to copy anymore. When I try to copy on my USB chip it gives me a msg that CAN NOT COPY.

Can anyone advise why it stopped copying all of a sudden and is there any solution to this. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
    Harry

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

obviously you no longer have the actual files that the m3u TEXTFILE playlist file points to.. or they have moved.

an m3u file does not contain any music.. in fact I write them with a text editor.

3. HSVIRK

HSVIRK Member

M3U files are not moved. Its still there and I still play these m3u files from the site on regular basis. I can still open these files in notepad and my window media player still play these files and convert them into mp3 file but it just does not allow me to copy these files anymore. It was allowing me to copy these files earlier but now its not allowing it.

4. yuppix

yuppix Regular member

Get into M3U and download the song of your choice onto the computer and burn from there rather than from some unknown cache location.