1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot get Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 Trial to burn my movies; please help me!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by daisukep, Nov 14, 2003.

1. daisukep

daisukep Member

I just bought a plextor px-708a and it came with 1 8x plextor brand (or whatever) DVD+r to burn with. I tried for a couple of days to figure out how to burn movies from my pc to a dvd and finally found what I needed on these forums. I successfully put a few movies and clips on the dvd and it works great on my home player.

Now here is the problem: I want to do this again with different movies. I did everything just about the exact same way (with the exception that I am now using Maxell DVD+r 4x media) and it tells me that there is not enough room on the disc. When I check how much the file should be it says 4gb and it says the disc holds 4.4gb. I tried to change little things, but everytime I do the dvd authoring bit it takes a good 45 minutes. I have tried to remove some of the files but it still won't take.

Do you think the problem is in the media I am trying? I have tried a few of the discs in the batch (I bought a 5-pack) but all yield the same error message.

Please let me know what I can do. Also worth noting is that when the media is in the drive, in "my computer" it changes from DVD-RW Drive (D:) to CD Drive (D:). Thanks ahead of time!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What I think is Happening is DVD Movie Factory is Re-Encodeing your Files to make them DVD Compliant and that is increaseing the Size of the Files..When it is re-encodeing the Files it is Probably useing an Extremely high Bitrate and that is why you will not be able to get Very much on a Disk..At the Max DVD Bitrate you would only get about an hour on a DVD-R and Maybe less if you used Wav audio...See if you can change the Bitrate settings..I don"t use DVD movie Factory because it is a Pretty Low end Program and it doesn"t give you very much controll....

3. daisukep

daisukep Member

Yep that solved it, thanks! I had to cut out a rather large movie, but I still managed to cram some good stuff on there. I appreciate the advice!

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should really use a Real Encoder to encode your Files to DVD Mpeg2, then use DVD movie Factory to burn the DVD, This way you will get Much more on a DVD and with Much better Quality....Cheers

5. daisukep

daisukep Member

What would you recommend? DVD-lab locks up on me and TMPG seems to take a movie file and stretch it to dvd size, it won't let me put many movies on a dvd. Any advice is welcomed; thanks!

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well for encoders I would recomend MainConcept encoder 1.4 for it"s speed and ease of use and it is High Quality, I would also recomend Tmpgenc But It seems you don"t know how to use the "Video Arange method" and "Clip Frame" settings ,because they are the settings that determine how your Movie Looks in the Screen...I would also recomend CCE Because it is the fastest and highest Quality encoder out there but you would have to know how to Frame serve to use it and understand Interlaceing and 3:2 Pulldown and Aspect ratios also helps...I Put Movies on DVD allmost every day useing a Variety of different DVD standards, Methods and software, I even have a Method that lets me get up to 4 Full movies on a DVD-R with Quite good Quality, and I probably own 20 different DVD authoring programs but some of the better ones are "Sonic DVD producer" and "Sonic ReelDVD" "Sonic DVDit" "DVD-Lab" "Spruce Up" "Mystro DVD" "Adobe Encore DVD"...