1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot load roms off of my SD Card when using SDLOAD

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by sabres, Jan 23, 2007.

1. sabres

sabres Member

Hello. I'm using SDLoad on a 2GB Sandisc SD Card using Gecko adapter and using AR version 1.14

I've been able to get the SDLOAD menu to come up, as well as my emulator menus when i click on their respective .dol file, and i've even been able to play Splatterhouse based on a Hugo.dol file that i injected with a splatterhouse rom.

My problem is loading roms. When i go to load a rom, SDLOAD keeps saying "unable to open SD Card".

I put on the root of my card the SDLoader.bin file, and i also put a folder called SNESROMS containing my snes roms which are in .SMC format on the root of the card, and i did similar stuff for the rest of my files. My .dol emulator files are all on the root of my SD Card.

I'm using SNESGX v 0.0.4x, and i've also tried SNESGX v 0.0.5x, plus the SD edition of fceugc, and also the pre-compiled version of Genesis Plus for the Gamecube. I have downloaded all of these here from dcemu.co.uk

For whatever reason, my roms cannot be recognized while using SDLoad. The folders i put them in show up on the SDLOad menu, but the roms i put inside them do not appear.

I formatted my SD Card using "FAT", and i did all the other stuff before doing the AR codes.

My SNES roms are all in .smc format in a folder called SNESROMS. All of my NES roms are in .NES format in a folder called NESROMS. Genesis roms are in .SMD format, in a folder called GPROMS.

I have SDLOADER.bin on the root of my card, as are my .DOL emulator files. My roms are in their respective folders with the folders themselves on the root of the SD card.

Any help or suggestions?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

are you loading sdload with a gamecube memory adapter

3. sabres

sabres Member

I'm loading SDLoad off of my 2GB Sandisk SD Card which is connected to my Gamecube through a Gecko SD Card adapter that i got off ebay.

4. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

geckos adapter has been known to have problems so i think it may be your memory adapter but just to be shure try this

format the memory card apply the sdload sd memory card hack to your sd card then copy the dol files over for sdload then try again the format must be in fat 16 or fat 32 in order for the sd card to function

5. tapotti

tapotti Member

I have the exact same problems. The SDLOAD menu opens up fine, and I can also run the emulators. However, I cannot access the SD card with any of the emulators. I also formatted my card to FAT, and I would try FAT 32, but I remember reading that FAT12 and FAT32 are not supported. Does FAT32 work?

6. sabres

sabres Member

Hey tapotti, send me a private message with your e-mail. I will in turn send you an e-mail containing updated .DOL emu files for the NES, SNES and Genesis. All you have to do is put these files on the root of your card, then create a NESROMS folder, SNESROMS folder, and GPROMS folder putting the roms in their respective folder.

Nes roms need to be in .nes format. SNES I believe in .SMC format. Genesis will take both .smd and .bin formats.

For the Genesis emulator, some of the roms will run slowly unless you select "Dejitterer" in the Misc. menu, then select "reset emulator" and the game should be good. The only game i have had trouble with is Contra Hard Corps. as the graphics are glitched to hell.

After SDLOAD boots, you can remove the Action Replay cartridge from Slot B and put in a Gamecube memory card so that if you want you can save your SRAM. To save your SRAM, you must first save in the game itself, then return to the emu menu and go to SRAM management and select "save sram in slot B". Never load SRAM while in the middle of a game cause while i haven't seen what happens i heard that the emu can crash. So anyway, when you first load a game thats when you want to load the SRAM. Most NES and SNES SRAM takes up only 1 or 2 blocks of memory, while Genesis (such as Shining Force 2 and Sonic 3) SRAM can take up 8 or 9 blocks.