1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i cant get back ups to read

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by scampo77, Jun 24, 2008.

1. scampo77

scampo77 Member

i have 3 different game cubes and i have been 5 different lasers i swap back and forth. i also have tried verbatim, taiyo yuden and sony full size dvds. i adjust the pots between 200 and 250. im not sure what im doing wrong but they will work for a day consistently then after that only for about 20 mins then i get a disk read error. it seems all forums have loads of people having no problems at all. what else can i possibly change? i burn at 4x and i finalize the disc. i am using 3 different burners to attempt to find one that works. there are some games which seem to work better then others so im not sure if its the actual game or a media/laser problem.

what else can i try?

i see people reccomending ritek go5's but i can find just as many threads supporting that they will fail after a year or so. im pulling my hair out tryiing to get this to work

2. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Dont know if this will help but my kids gamecube that is modded will only read plus r dvd's.

3. scampo77

scampo77 Member

seriously? has anyone else ever heard of this? how many back ups have you done successfully? how old are they? which dvds are you using?

4. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

I use any thing that is on sale,and they have about a hundred I'm guessing.I tried and tried to get -r's to work with no luck,I read it some where tried it and works great.