1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cant get my xbox network working -.-

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by traker74, Oct 3, 2010.

1. traker74

traker74 Member

Ok i know im doing everything right. Im using unleash X. All i want to do is put some new movies on my xbox but it wont work!!! Ok so to the point.....my xbox is connected to my computer via crossover cable. Both have static IP's in the same range(192.168.0.***) They both share subnet mask, default gateway ect. My computer says local area connection connected. I cant ping my xbox. And when i try to FTP it says "connection established, waiting for welcome message"......then it says "connection timed out". Theres two lights by the Ethernet port on the back of the console the green one is on. the orange one isnt.
    this happened the other day and kinda just fixed itself. It would be awesome if someone could tell me what im doing wrong or else what is wrong ....im all ears and if you need to know anything else ill give more detail.
    any help appreciated.

2. anonimity

anonimity Member

I think your static IP may be the problem. I've never been able to get my Xboxes to talk with the "Type," as Static.

Mine work with the Type set to DHCP and their IP Addresses don't change.

I know it seems counterintuitive but, give it a shot.