1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't get subtitle in sync tried everything

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by spirittoo, Mar 13, 2010.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

It plays ok in WMP ... but I will look into that ... there probably is something wrong ...

2. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

I did try using the DivFix++ but according to it ... there were no errors ...

3. FUNCTOR

FUNCTOR Member

I had issues with synching subtitles for a DVD as well. I finally figured it out. Start off with this guide as a reference, but you'll have to make some changes...

http://subtitlecreator.sourceforge.net/AddingSubtitles2aDVD.htm

1. Rip the DVD to you hard drive using DVD Shrink (include the English subtitles).

2. Demux the movie using PgcDemux (this is different order than the guide).

3. Load the srt file into Subtitle Creator (this is different order than the guide). Now go to the "synchronize" menu across the top and select "Load synchronized subtitles". Go to your demuxed folder and load the subtitle file. On the left is the synchronized file, on the right is your srt file. Start at the beginning... click on a subtitle in the left and right panes that are the same. Then click the giant center button to add a synchronization point. Add a point every 100 subtitles or so to ensure it stays consistant throughout the whole movie. Once you have all your points, click "Synchronize". Save your SUP file.

4. Re author with ReJig or IfoEdit.

5. Test with VLC Player

6. Burn to DVD.

Hope this works for you! Took me several weeks to figure this out.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  4. attar

attar Senior member

That's a good technique if you have a synced set of subtitles that you can use to correct a second un-synced stream.

5. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Thanks for responding ... the movie originally didn't have subtitles ...I had to add them but hopefully now that it's on the hhd it won't make a difference ... I will let you know how it goes.

6. FUNCTOR

FUNCTOR Member

If the original movie didn't have any subtitles than you may be out of luck. This procedure only works if you have a set of subtitles ripped from the DVD that are guaranteed synchronized.

7. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

I was afraid of that ... when you have to put in subtitles that were not there in the beginning presents a real problem no doubt. Thanks anyway.

8. FUNCTOR

FUNCTOR Member

Most DVDs have subtitles of some sort on them, in which case the above works great. Sorry I don't have any more advice for your problem.