1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't hear audio from my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by boobob1, Sep 24, 2007.

1. boobob1

boobob1 Member

i noticed the other day when i was trying to get my ipod to play through my fm transmitter that it wouldnt play. the time bar said it was playing but no audio was there. i took it home and tried it on a few other sets of working head phones and no luck. i know i have no volume limit set or anything like that. so i thought i had narrowed it down to the headphone jack but then i took it to my sisters ipod home thing and since it plays music through the data port and not the headphone jack i thought that should work no sweat. i was wrong. no audio there either and i know that ipod home works as well. the video on it will playback fine but no audio with it. when i hooked it up to itunes i could play music off of it no problem. any suggestions?

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Have you tried Restoring the ipod in itunes, if not give that a try.

3. boobob1

boobob1 Member

yeah after i posted this i was like why not restore it? unfortunately it didnt help. any other suggestions before i spend money? oh and will apple fix it or is it ipodresQ from hear on out. (my warranty is up)

4. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Well Is up to you, find out if they are willing to fix it for you for free, and if it cost to much, you better of gettin an update it one.

5. dreaver

dreaver Member

That's weired.
    Try another music and another earbud instead.

6. sharkcus

sharkcus Member

Same problem here. It looks like it is playing (music and/or videos) but I get nothing out of either the headphone jack or the data port (if I use my fm transmitter). I moved the firmware quite a bit back with no fix. I don't get it.

7. egadget

egadget Member

I have a 30GB Ipod video that has no sound at all, but everything else works. I have not tried getting sound out of the cradle...

8. Flasch186

Flasch186 Member

I'm in the same boat. No sound from the buds, no sound from the FM transmitter and no sound when plugged in the BOSE stereo at home through the cradle....any ideas?

9. macmedics

macmedics Member

If the iPod won’t play music out of the headphones or via the dock connection, that’s most likely a bad logic board. I would try reformatting and restoring the iPod, and make sure you grab the latest software when you re-load.