1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cant remember my ModChip? help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sal_va182, Dec 15, 2004.

1. sal_va182

sal_va182 Guest

hi,

i know this sounds very stupid, but yes, i cant remember wat modchip i have in my xbox. does anyone know a why i can find out. Yes, ive opened my xbox, and took out the HDD and DVD-ROM drive, but still i could not see my chip. My xbox has been chipped for about 2-3 years now... does anyone know a way i can find out wat chip i have, like in the settings somewhere?? its prob right in-front of my eyes...

cheers

2. ViceVersa

ViceVersa Member

hold up. you opend ur xbox and couldnt even see the chip??? did you even put a chip in ur xbox and you sure you didnt dream you put a chip in you xbox... besides why you need to know what kind of chip you got...

o and do you know what your chip looks like... if you do, match your chip with other chips like on Easybuy2000.com. so if you see your chip in the merchindise. it says in bold words under the merchindise what kind of chip it is.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  3. sal_va182

sal_va182 Guest

i didnt put my own modchip in. Some guy did it for me. i have heard that some mod chips are put underneath the motherboard, could this be the case? where abouts are the modchips usualy put in place? eg. near processor.

4. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Well if you cannont see the chip, then chances are you have a softmod, meaning he modded your xbox without a chip. If you DO have a chip in it, then look at this picture. http://istlab.dmst.aueb.gr/~george/img/xboxmod/fittedoverview.jpg
    The red thing on that board...that is the chip, yours might not be the same color, but if you have a chip it will be in that area.

5. vietboi

vietboi Member

LMAO!!!! i think u just got RIPPED OFF
    lolz if u paid more then 15-20$ for it, u got ripped off
    if not then its cool
    because i hear a lot of modders advertise those expensive chips like xenium and xecutor3, all they did was flash the motherboard(costs about 0$)
    lol

6. sal_va182

sal_va182 Guest

nah i deffenitly got a chip, maybe it is some hombrew thing... im not at home at the moment, so when i am ill take a photo of the inside of my xbox. and there is no chip visible.

I doubt it is a softmod thing, because doesnt that limit you from doing certain things. i can still play backups on my harddrive, play backups on DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW and so on... also i upgraded my hdd to a 80GB one. i wouldnt be able to do all that with a softmod, wouldnt i?

7. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

The only thing you cannont do with a softmod is play on xbox live, you can do everything you just said yours does with a softmod.

8. ViceVersa

ViceVersa Member

ummm take it to what a professional and let him examin the thing.

9. LC00

LC00 Guest

shdwsfall, I'm gonna have to correct you on that. Softmodding won't let you play game backups on DVD media. You NEED a chip for that.

10. vietboi

vietboi Member

oops my bad.
    i meant tsop
    got mixed up
    lol.