1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I copy dvds 2 skips

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by troyman, Apr 17, 2005.

1. troyman

troyman Member

when I burn with I copy dvds 2 and dvd43free, it burns the begining of the movie great. However, about the last 2-3 chapters of the movies skip really bad. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Use better media. The outside edge is where the media can get bad. Sometimes reducing your file size a bit will keep the burn from going all the way to the edge. I use DVD Shrink and can set the file size. I don't know if I copy DVDs2 allows for this.

3. troyman

troyman Member

thanks man, I'll go buy some more expensive dvds and see if that helps.
    The ones I'm using where very cheap. I guess you get what you pay for.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You don't have to pay that much more for quality media. I am not sure which format or both, that you are capable of.

Office depot and staples have maxell's on sale this week. Under $20 for spindles of 50. Maxell's have some great manufacturers-no matter which format or quantity of package. The japanese maxell's are hitachi and ty's.

If you locate some nearby sony or fuji's, look on the wrapper for Made In Japan. Japan makes the finest media in the world. The japanese sony and fuji will be the same price,all mixed together-you just have to sort them out.