1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Copy DVDs 2 Ver.3.2.6..16

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by meatface, Oct 18, 2004.

1. meatface

meatface Guest

Hi,
    I just joined your website tonight after getting this software today. Before I bought it I asked if I could back up my own DVD's at home. I made sure to ask if it will let me backup these protected disks and when I tried to backup these the warning that this program can't write CSS encrypted DVD's popped up. I am pretty pissed right now because I made sure that I asked before I bought it. I think that I am allowed to return this software according to their guarentee. Is there a different version that does work that I should have purchased? I'm not sure if this is a version that came out since the DVDXCopy was told to make theirs with RF so that they won't work. I went to DVD43 tonight and added that to to my programs but when I try to open DVD43 nothing happens. it shows up on my program list as DVD43_Tray. Thanks for any help you can provide. I read some of your posts and it seems like there is some great people on here that are helpful. Thanks again.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

As far as I know, ICopyDVDs2 was designed not to have ripping functions. You may check out their homepage to see for yourself. There has also been quite some discussions regarding this program and how it may or may not work with DVD43 on this site. Please take a look.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there meatface, Welcome to aD -

I don't know if you're aware of it or not but, we don't sell ICopyDVDs2 OR any other software. Still I'll be glad to go over your post.

First, you say you asked someone if it could copy a protected DVD BUT you don't say what their answer was NOR do you say who it was you talked too. Having that persons name and their title with the company would IMO help your case a lot.

Second, you seem to lump ICopyDVDs2 with 321 DVD XCopy and the 2 aren't related in any way. DVD43 and AnyDVD work well with DVD XCopy and there is a "Patch" available for the RF (rip free) version of DVD XCopy - so really nothing is needed anymore for DVD XCopy even though it's not made nor serviced and hasn't been for awhile.

We can't speak for the company you're pissed at but we wish you the best of luck in re-couping your money. BTW, their name has been mentioned quite a bit recently in our forum becauce of unsatisified customer complaints so it seems - you're not alone.

When you think you might be interested in backing up your DVD's, feel free to stop back and we'll be glad to tell you about some programs that do work and that are free to boot - There are many excellent proggys that are fairly inexpensive also and have a good track record of doing what they are supposed to do, backing up encrypted DVD's.

Meanwhile, Good luck -

Pete

scf_au,

{b]If you're going to make a post like that, please include a link for our Newbies. It's like saying to a friend, "I know you were hungry and thirsty so I bought you a Coke and a Sandwich, they're over there (and point to a 1/2 acre field of tall grass where said food cannot be seen -:(

When trying to help, we really should help not frustrate –

"P"

4. meatface

meatface Guest

When I posted this I guess I was too vague about who and what I was talking about. I talked to the people that I purchased the DVD from that said the company (Price-Savers.com) bought the last of the I Copy DVD's 2. I know that the DVDXCopy is a different program altogether from the I Copy DVD's 2 program. I guess I shouldn't have lumped them altogether in one sentence. I found out that DVDXCopy had to change to the RF and at that point it wouldn't backup encrypted DVD's. I wanted to make sure that this software would that is why I asked the company (Price-Savers.com)I bought the I Copy DVD's 2 from if it would write encrypted DVD's for me to back up my library of encrypted DVD's. They are the ones I am pissed at because I was told it would write from encrypted DVD's. I don't know if I'll get any money back althought they said that I had 60 days to return it if I wasn't satisfied. I'll let you all know if they came through in case someone else gets burned on this software. Was there a I Copy DVD's 2 that would function as software that would backup encrypted DVD's before the version I got? Anyway, I guess I'll have to take my chances on returninng it and try to find another way to back up my DVD's. I would appreciate any info you could provide on this subject!!
    Thanks again.

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I faintly remember this forum encourages people to search around before posting. So I thought pointing out the materials are there (and definitely not buried under the grass) would suffice. Or maybe I'm mistaken? *_*

6. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Ok meatface ... you said that you downloaded DVD43 ... did you open the program ... you should see a little yellow face in the lower right of your screen (down by your clock) ... If you don't see it, you're not opening the program ... Once you see the face ... put the disc you want to backup in your CPU ... the disc should spin and the face should grow red horns and then turn green ... now you can write the disc to your HD ...

... I have ICOPYDVDs2 and along with DVD43 v1.4 (the free one). I've been successful at backing up muchos discs ... It is easier to use than the DVD Decrypter / DVD Shrink combination, but it isn't as versitile ...

... You can also use AnyDVD with ICOPYDVDs2 ... it IS a better CSS cracker than DVD43 v1.4, but it costs money ... you CAN get a free trial, however ...

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

8. meatface

meatface Guest

I want to thank everyone for all the replys I got on this question and at this point I have downloaded DVD43, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Any DVD. I had uninstalled the I copy DVD's 2 thinking it wouldn't work. I am going to try again with the DVD43 and the pro gram once more. If it doesn't work I will return it I hope to the seller Price-Savers.com. I am also going to get myself familiar with the other programs and as soon as I have some luck with one of the setups I was directed to by the helpful people on this website I'll report back on which of the programs I had the best luck with and how I got them to work with my software and DVD Burner. I think I understood that the DVD43 will work with dvd writting programs and I have Power DVD 5. I'll tell ya'll if that works too.
    Thanks again,
    Meatface

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi meatface,

DVD43 is an on-the-fly decryption | RCE Protection removal proggy. That's what it does, removes those things. i have no idea what your plans are for it BUT I'm thinking, it won't work :(

As a little present, here's a guide for DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Print them out and you'll have a copy in about an hour with an average PC of today –

Enjoy,

a guide for DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter Full Backup
    Let’s go get one of your favorite DVD’s and make a copy of it so should something unforeseen happen like an ice flow hitting the Mojave Desert and freezing the original, you’ll have a backup of it -

Here we go, step by step - it can't fail, "Uncle" ScubaPete's can't miss "We're going ta burn a DVD backup right now, youngin's'" Guide to backing up :p).

First create a folder for your HD backup. . This is the place on your HD where DVD Shrink will work on your movie files and DVD Decrypter can pick them up to burn to disc. Try to put it someplace where you won't forget it (i.e. C:\All DVD Work\ Sleeping Beauty Kills Bill, needs Anger Management").

Next download DVD Decrypter and under Mode select "ISO", "Write". Un-tick the box that says "Verify". Where it says, "Source", you'll leave that blank as DVD Decrypter will find the location of your backed up DVD file automatically. Lastly, where it says "Destination", select the drive where your burner resides. Feel free to close DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink will open it when it needs it.

Here's the link for the newest DVD Decrypter -
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Download DVD Shrink. Open it and click "Edit", then click "Preferences" on this page we're going to select "DVD Target Size" as "Custom" and set the size between "4300" and "4360MB" - we do this to make sure that we don't write too close to the edge of the disc. Then under the "File I/O" tab un-tick "Enable burning with Nero" then click "OK"

Here's the link for the newest DVD Shrink -
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/

Now you can place your original DVD in your DVD-ROM drive and a DVD blank in your burner's drive (If you have two drives). If you only have the one drive, put your original in that drive now. When the time comes for you to put in your blank in either the drive door will open OR a message will appear. As for your DVD blank media, THIS IS IMPORTANT. Poor quality DVD blanks are responsible for a host of copying errors and hence, failures. Look for a thread dealing with backup media where we'll discuss DVD media in depth. But for now, PLEASE acquire some of the following. Recommended media for use with this Beginner's guide. Quality media would be Sony, TDK, Ritek G04, Verbatim "DataLife", Verbatim DataLife "Plus", Ridata, any media boasting "Advanced Metal AZO", Taiyo Yuden's and generally, almost any discs manufactured by Mitsubishi are excellent bets.. - As I mentioned, we'll go into more on proper media in another thread.. This might be a good time to use a DVD RW. We won't use them regularly because for 1, many DVD players don't play them and 2, they cost too much (Lol). We do want to use them because if we make a mistake, it won't cost us a disc. When we get our steps down we'll then switch to our single-write media.

Now let's burn a DVD, OK ? Kweel ! Alright then, let's open DVD Shrink and "click' "Open Disk". We'll have to wait anywhere from 30-seconds to a minute for DVD Shrink to analyze (rip) your DVD. If you wish, we can edit your movie now. To trim some unnecessary items from your movie, you can "un-tick" some extra audio you don't want like the foreign audio streams, i.e. Klingon, Solarian Cluster Mush OR Eastern Himalayan Yak language selections or the Director's comments (also known as Outer Mongolian). This will result in your DVD requiring less compression and therefore providing you with a better quality picture.
    Today we're doing a "Full backup", that's everything on the original disc on your backup. We need to be sure that the "Full Disc" icon is depressed. Don't try to cheer it up and don't worry, it likes being "depressed". There's no problem in doing a "Full backup" as long as we don't see any "Red" on the size bar at the top of your window. If you should see some "Red" on the size bar, simply "Un-tick" any foreign languages, i.e. Klingon, Solarian Mush-mouth, Director's comments or DTS sound boxes until the "Red" disappears. Actually you can "Un-tick" those things anyway, it'll lessen the compression on your backup. (a good thing :) With no "Red" visible on the size bar we just let the "Automatic" (Default) settings alone.
    It's now time to select Backup". Take just a second and under "Target Device" go to "Select backup target " once there, select "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter". Now, under "Quality Settings", if it's SPEED you're after, "un-tick" the box which says, "Perform deep analysis" and "un-tick" the box for "Compress the video with high quality adaptive error compensation". This will give you an acceptable DVD backup. If it's QUALITY you're after and have some extra time to spend, "tick" Perform deep analysis before backup to improve quality" AND "tick" "Compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation." There you may adjust quality enhancements. Practicing with the settings can produce even better end products. For a no-frills DVD's like "There's something about Mary" I like Extra Smooth BUT for DVD's with a lot of special effects, I use the Extra Sharp setting. That's for me, you'll have to decide what you like :) If all the boxes are "grayed out" that's OK, it means your DVD is small enough that little will be lost from the original. Good, now click "OK." Finally, where it says "Select target image file", browse till you find your created folder for your backup, C:\All DVD Work\Sleeping Beauty Kills Bill, needs Anger Management and click "Save". That's it ! Click "OK" and DVD Shrink burns that ISO image to your HD. It then opens DVD Decrypter and has it burn the ISO image to your waiting blank DVD.
    Let's not use your PC for anything at all while it’s working, we don't want to mess things up this late in the game.
    When your PC burns DVD's, it requires 100% of your processor to do the job correctly. For now, let's allow your PC to work in peace.
    Ms. Computer will let you know when she's finished -
    We're finished here, my work is done, enjoy your DVD backup.
    Thank you for choosing a ScubaPete Guide.
    When you're looking for a guide with a depraved indifference to reality, shop ScubaPete ;P)[/b\]

BTW, meatface, we're lQQking to hear from you on how this worked out –

Pete