1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I d/l a PC game & when I play it "Wrong disc inserted" comes out.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rSgDrF, Aug 22, 2003.

1. rSgDrF

rSgDrF Member

The game is in Bin file when I d/l it. According to this site's posts, bin files need cue files in order to work, but it didn't come with cue files & I'm still not sure wut to do. So any help will be appreciated, TIA.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2003
  2. Applecorp

Applecorp Member

I am pretty sure you don't absolutely need a cue file. Try setting your burn software to locate 'all files' and locate the bin you downloaded. Try and burn from that.

The cue file is there purely to tell the burn software where to point to for burning the bin file.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. What game is it?
    2. There may (and probably is) some form of protection scheme on the CDs - you will need to account for this in order to play properly
    3. As far as CUE's go you can simply Google your way to a CUE creator of some sort but. Some burning apps seem to "require" CUEs but a CUE Creator should solve that problem for you.
    4. Many of the new funky protection schemes will be much easier to replicate if you have a 2-sheep burner... what make and model is your burner?

For a List of SafeDisc2 Games:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/36841
    For a List of SecurROM Games
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/36854

4. rSgDrF

rSgDrF Member

The game is called Empire Earth The Art of Conquest. This is the full file title "Empire_Earth_Expansion.The_Art_of_Conquest.FLT.ShareReactor" I got Sony CD-RW CRX225E, I was able to locate the game and I burn it. During the installation, it's works fine, but when I try to play it, a error message "Wrong disc inserted" appears. Any clue wut's the problem?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2003
  5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member