1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Deleted My Xbox E Drive, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by tocen, Mar 31, 2007.

1. tocen

tocen Member

i was trying to put on xbmc and on my xbox while i was trying to delete somthing in the file browser i deleted th entire E drive instead of a single file. how do i get the E drive back?

please help

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

well first of all does it still boot games??

3. tocen

tocen Member

yes in the c drive there are some files that i dont know what they mean, because this id the first day ive tried to softmod, but when i turn on the xbox it goes to an evolution x screen that has only two things on it.

Launch Dvd
    System Information

Would it be possible to have someone copy there E drive to a folder then send it to me so i can select and drag everything from that folder to my empty E folder. Or they could copy al there folders into one like (xbox folder\) and have all of the xboxs folders in it like C E F and everything else then i could just delete everything within my folders and replace it with thiers?

sorry if im confusing

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  4. corn

corn Guest

If you created an MS Backup, you go to the softmod screen, and click restore MS backup, and then uninstall softmod, and then install it again.
    Good Luck.

5. tocen

tocen Member

the e drive is deleted, the backups were in the e drive, and the only things at the menu are launch game and system info.

im gonna have to have someon on this site do for me what i explained in the last part of the post 2 posts ago, thanks for the help though but if you couyld do for me what i explained earlier than i would realy appreciate that.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  6. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

um well did you softmod with a game like splinter cell? well if you did just boot up that game again and open up your linux file like you are going to DL it but go to uninstall softmod instead...if that doesnt work then there is always the hotswap...as long as you can see the xbox logo when you turn it on its good to hotswap..

hotswap will restore your xbox to factory settings..

check this out if you need it
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766

if that thread doesnt work for you just google hotswap tutorial.. good luck get back so i can see if you were successful.

7. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

yea man i got this same problem idk how to fix it ive tried everything i know and that same screen keeps coming up o yea and u dont need to hotswap because u still have ftp connection

8. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

well knock you dont seem too bright if you say that you've tied almost everything and it doesnt work but yet you dont need to hot swap...

its a good thing to concider if you dont have another xbox to get an E: drive from.

those are the only thins i can think of to repair the system without doing too much work.

but if you have tried everything then i might be able to get you my E: drive

i just got my xbox repaired after getting the christmas tree effect with the led so it wont have much on my E: drive

9. tocen

tocen Member

please dude get me your driver, will i be able to justcopy it from ftp to me e folder if i can than thanks ALOT!

10. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

im pretty sure it will work if not i think you should try hot swapping

ok ive started FTP'ing all the files

you have any way i can send it to you? like um soulseek or a yahoo email?

p.s since there is soooo much in a e:drive (especially mine) it might take a day or two to get it all done.

11. tocen

tocen Member

spiral313@yahoo.com

thanks dude

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  12. tocen

tocen Member

are you gonna have to send it in four parts since the mail only holds 1 gb and its about 4

13. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

no its not tha big its about 1.3 gb but im going to cut down on the saves on it and take out the apps so it will be smaller..

14. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

15. tocen

tocen Member

its tocen
    yours is what?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007