1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont know how to capture video from vcr?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by kadlet51, May 10, 2004.

1. kadlet51

kadlet51 Member

I have a computer running Windows XP Media Center, with a nVidia GEForce fx 5200 video card. I should be able to capture from my vcr. But I tried to capture using PowerProducer 2 and got no audio. I was able to capture video but not audio. So, if someone could help by writing and assuming I know absolutely nothing that would be great. Thanks for the help.

2. Skax

Skax Member

read read & read some more. It's all here dude.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

The audio is generally allways captured through your Sound Card so make sure that you have the audio Output from the VCR going into the "Line In" port on your Sound Card...You must also configure the windows settings to record from the Line in Port and you have to configure your Capture software to capture from the "Line in" port...
    From what I have read and heard from other Poeple the Media Center edition sucks for Video capture....Cheers