1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I DOWNLOADED THESE .01 .02 /.001 .002/.part1.rar .part2.rar FILES....what do i do?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hursty, Oct 23, 2005.

1. hursty

hursty Active member

2. maj1111

maj1111 Member

hursty, thanks. It combined all 93 files; however, the combined file had no extension. I manually added .iso and .bin as extensions and tried to open it with WinISO but it didn't work.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

hmm,post a screen shot of the files then

4. maj1111

maj1111 Member

[​IMG]

Note that the top file is the combined file using HJsplit.

5. hursty

hursty Active member

try opening winrar first,then browse for the files,see what happens

if not,what you might have is a combined set of archives,which needed to be combined (which you have done),whether using HJ split was the correct thing remains to be seen...you might have to try using winrar or winzip for this
    anyways,open the larger combined file with winrar,inside there,you should see a image

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  6. maj1111

maj1111 Member

I tried opening the combined file with winrar by first opening winrar and then browsing for the file and it didn't work. Thanks for your help anyways. You're very kind.

7. hursty

hursty Active member

well..i just unpacked a set of archives similar to what you had,.001,.002,and they just unpacked.:)

open winrar....OPTIONS/SETTINGS/INTERGRATION,in the "user defined archive extensions" tab,type in [bold].001[/bold],click ok

go back to the set of files,(ignor the one you joined together,as i am convinced these are rar's),and right click on the file .001,and select "extract here"
    if you cant do this,right click on it,select "open with",find winrar from the list of programs
    this should solve your problem.if not,its probably a damaged set of rar's

8. rav0

rav0 Member

Instead of trying to guess from filenames, use the contents of the files to find out the format.

9. hursty

hursty Active member

erm,i dont get what you mean?
    its not finding out what format the image is inside the files,the problem is opening them

10. hursty

hursty Active member

actually maj1111,
    i just seen the actual files you have on a "website" of the addy i cant post due to forum rules
    the files should go all the way to .093,and you should have a sfv file
    they are definetly rar files.
    xpdvd-mi3-r1-ntsc-dvdr.001
    all the way to >
    xpdvd-mi3-r1-ntsc-dvdr.093

11. phantom0

phantom0 Member

Hey, I did everything on the first page and mounted it with Alchohol and installed it but now when I try to open the game it says incorrect CD\DVD. There was a .sfv file in the download folder but I didn't do anything with it. What do I do?

12. maj1111

maj1111 Member

Hi Hursty, you're right that it does go to .093. I've tried opening them with Winrar. I've been using Winrar for years but I couldn't open the files this time and kept getting that error message I posted earlier with the screen shot. Anyway, I bought the movie from Best Buy on Black Friday. Thanks for all your help.

13. whites32

whites32 Member

HI ... i understand the proccess listed below BUT.. i have downloaded nfs carbon ps2 and i have .001 files ..when i right click on them there is no option to extract here please can someone tell me where im going wrong THANKS IN ADVANCE

14. hursty

hursty Active member

read the guide,its all there
    if you cant right click and "extract here",right click and "open with" instead,then select winrar from the program list

15. whites32

whites32 Member

HURSTY....I THINK I LUV U MAN lol.....thanks a lot worked no probs

16. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

ok so i dled sonic for the 360 and i got all dnl-files. i opened with winrar like you said cause i didnt get the option to extract here. and i got a image. 000 and a image.dvd what do i do with those? some help please ;)

17. raganarok

raganarok Guest

Help! i've got 001 and more but i try extarcting it with winrar and it says it is a unknown format or damaged so i tried 7zip it didn't work it came out with a .file which was the same size as the 001 so i tried hispilt the same thing happened! what do i do ???

18. hursty

hursty Active member

have you tried this >

open WinRAR....OPTIONS/SETTINGS/INTERGRATION,in the "user defined archive extensions" tab,type in .001,click ok
    then right click on the first file (.001),and "extract here"

19. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

I need mucha help please! I've read everything on this thread, seriously, and I've been searching for sometime as well. I got the iso file for Madden 07 xbox, it was several rar files, and burnt it with ImgBurn, popped it in my modded xbox, and nothing happened. I've never backedup a game before, have had friends do it for me and it has worked. I have Toshiba burner. Someone please help!

20. mochito

mochito Member

I downloaded a game it has 6 rar files .r00-r04 and one .rar they all contain a .bin and a .cue file. I extracted the .r00 file and watched it uncompress .r00-r04 file now I have a .bin and a .cue file to get this game going do I just create a new rom using nero7 drag and drop the .bin and the .cue files then burn?

By the way all files have the same name including the .bin and .cue. So far I waste 4 cd trying different ways but untill now I cant get my ps2 to read the cd. my ps2 has been modify I am able to play ps2 as well as psx games.